Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Super striper slay fest castaic lake, Fishbones & FNN webmaster jeff

Default Super striper slay fest castaic lake, Fishbones & FNN webmaster jeff

I got a private message from FNN webmaster jeff about a month ago regarding my
    thread for tip of the month. After we talked a bit we planned a fishing trip after he
    got back from the coronados yellowtail hunting with sansou. So i get a Pm from him
    lastnite saying....got skunked at the nados.....wanna hit up castaic for some stripers,
    i have some killer fresh dead sardines...and as fast a s i could type back the trip was set.
    He was to pick me up at my house at 6:15am...I was so excited i could barely put
    myself to bed...My alarm goes off and i gear up and wait outside smoking a cigg.
    ...6:10....6:15.....6:20....no jeff....so im thinking to myself....hes probably dead
    tired from his trip to the coronados and slept in....just then phone rings and hes around
    the corner.....what a die hard for making it....i load up my gear aboard his boat and we
    were off to the lake....with a short trip and some talk we were pulling up to the launch
    ramp in no time he pulls the boat off the trailer and i drove the truck to the lot and parked it.
    We headed over to cheryls nest and anchored up and started soaking fresh dines for a
    minute with no luck and decided to move towards the point and anchored up for a soak.

while we were fishing a boat comes cruising over asking if we drive a white truck....
    which we did....he goes on to tell us that the lights were on.....im thinking....dam it....
    sorry jeff...he said no big deal and we motored over there and i turned them off....
    in my defense the dinger alarm bell didnt go off when i pulled the keys out and exited
    the truck....anyways ..it started right up, i turned the lights off and ran back to the boat
    and we decided to troll around for a while and look around

mean while jeff and i started calling friends for info and tips....my connects...Fishinone
    an EyeAmRealGhetto......jeffs connects...Trout Only and gletemfeelsteelgary.....so we
    combine our info and start the attack by heading over towards the buoy line and anchor
    up and start droppin our dines in to free spool.....not even 30 seconds go by and i get bit
    .....oyeah..fish on!!! i fight it for a second and jeff nets it....YES...my first castaic striper......

i was stoaked...big time....so we sat for while more and decided to make a move down
    the line and set up again for no love...jeff makes a call and gets the info we need,
    a spot guaranteed to put out fish.....that saves the day and made memories.

the orders were given and we followed thru with our mission operation striper destruction.
    We arrive to the spot and anchor up and let the slaying begin.
    With lots of wind and a current that seemed to go every direction it made it hard to
    keep the lines straight....but we fished thru it and were rewarded with 17 stripers
    with the biggest around 5lbs and had an amazing time slaying them...

These fish seemed to pick up the bait with such finesse you barely even knew your were
    getting bit. We continued to slay the stripers one after another and in between bites we
    were filling our bellys with red vines twinkies and some amazing smoked tuna and
    crackers jeff had made.....good fishing food for sure....

we could have fished there till we were out of bait but the lake patrol came cruising by
    on the loud speaker saying it was time to get off the water and we left them biting.....
    as we were skiing across the lake to get back to the launch and leave we saw some
    schools of fish boiling in the center of the lake.....and a monkey sitting on a buoy.....LOL.

What a great trip this was, thank you jeff for the invite and great days fishing for my
    first ever castaic stripers.Thanks everyone for the help and gletemfeelsteelgary for
    making our day with the advice and tips.....you the man!!!!

Great times fishing castaic lake i will always remember......fishbones
    Last edited by Fishbones; 03-24-2010 at 11:29 AM.

Really nice report dude. Must of been hella fun catching all those stripers.

right on guys, you slayed it for sure. You should've asked me too i know some good striper spots man lol. Glad to see you guys ended up slaying with the slow morning you two had. The wind was blowing pretty good on the upper lake yesterday, weird because the lagoon was pretty mellow compared to the upper. BTW did you guys see the dam it was loaded up with so many fisherman holy crap? Glad i fished the west ramp instead lol.

Even with a bananna in the boat you guys did great! Did you get the bananna from the monkey?HA!

I heard the upper lake got a trout plant yesterday morning. If so, the striper should start going off really soon!

a alex no wonder you didnt text back you were busy.congrats on the slay fest.great pics and report.cant wait to try it out 1day.

Great job fellas way to pull them out...Keep It Wet!
    Jay
    LBFS

Great job fellas way to pull them out...Keep It Wet!
    Jay
    LBFS

the gorrila you saw on the bouy is for "Kong Island" thats the name of that spot lol.

Awesome!

You guys scored some really nice looking stripers!

Yeah, we never saw any yellowtail monday at the Coronados, and even went to the rockpile. Made for a a short trip, but that worked out perfect for traffic home for Jeff and I got to make it to my kid's softball game.

Default wow

I need to hook up with you guys somtime ....great trip

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast