Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: first time at corona

As they say in real estate, location, location, location. Don't give up so easily. This lake is outstanding if you put in some time in to learn location and technique. There are guys willing to help if you ask. No hype here if you know how to fish it. Granted there are days when it is slow but, there are days when it is on fire.

Quote Originally Posted by troutguy26 View Post
    Personally, I think that Corona Lake is completely overrated. You spend $22 to catch nothing but algae....probably would've helped if they stocked like they were supposed to. What a waste of a day off. Yea, you guys did SUCH a good job of living up to your reputation. D u m b.
    Man, your talking sbout corona! thats my favorite lake... Seriously if you never go and try it again then you aint ever going to learn anything from it. My first time their i got skunked, but then i went again and caught limits. Now i know that lake, and it's an awesome lake.

Hey, don't cry and moan about this. You probably didn't get lucky the first time around; the only thing you can do is learn from the experience that day, and adjust accordingly

I have been to SARL (Corona Lake's sister lake) in the past few years and hell I've been skunked the majority of the time I was there, yet I try to adjust every time I go there. Persistence is your only friend, whining will get you nowhere.

Take it as a lifelong advice - people will hate whiners, and you'll be frowned upon if you go cry a river. Stuff happens, deal with it.
    Last edited by FreeWilly; 03-23-2010 at 09:38 PM.

no need for ur 2 sense like that willy..im not whining... im simply stating my opinion...and on this forum, i can! i can say whatever i want about a lake that i pay 22 dollars for and then another 10 dollars for a row boat to try and get out to where i heard the fish are. AND then the wind is so bad i have to have someone get a real boat and pull me to the dock... not to mention all the algae that i caught today.. oh, and the stocking they were supposed to get today.. never came..so persistence or not, i dont have money to blow like that for false advertisement. i went to the front to ask about the stock and they simply said that they didnt kno what was going on...sweet response! i def. am not a whiner because i am a die hard trout fan, but for the money, i could have went elsewhere,thats all im saying....thanks

So basicly most of the of you are saying keep spending $22 dollars till you find a good spot correct?? That can add up.... IMO corona/ sarl lake are both overrated. They say they stock HEAVY. I think sarl has 2 lake?? so thats 3 lakes that there load is being spilt into right?? I also know that when that 18 wheeler of Tailwalkers come that the whole load isnt going into JUST sarl/corona, I know this because I go to a private resort that gets two tanks of the truck every week. well this is my two cents.....

Trout 1

good to sense trout 1..i agree man... we need to hit up some lakes and find some spots that are less expensive and good fishing..like my home lake...glen helen..i kno it was rough for u today but ill show u the ropes on that lake..haha and u wont catch algae or have to pay 22 bucks..lol

yeah really huh I was happy with everything except that wind lol... the water was hella clear too. (this thread is getting hot lol)

Trout 1

yea the wind is bad..but i kno a spot were u can dead stick a power worm on the drop shot and do pretty well.. and the water does stay fairly clear...it is gettin hot.. lol but idc cuz everyone is able to express their opinions (as i did) and if they dont like it....sorry bout it haha

Hey I dont understand can you fish around the snackbar or not its kinda confusing?? Yeah we all have the right to state our opinions....

Trout 1

um only on the grassy part..not the concrete...but on the weekdays when nobody is at the snack bar...i fish off the concrete...shhhh...lol thats where i like to go..aha and yea man i hear ya... thats why idc what people think.lol

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast