Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Foggy night at MDR.... 3/20

Default Foggy night at MDR.... 3/20

Me and my buddy went out to MDR the night after GeordyBass. I took my banana boat out and get to the lunch ramp at 6pm and then fog is crazy bad. There was a guy try to warn us about the fog was even worse at the wall. But we still want to go check it out; we were hope that the fog will be gone later on that night but we were wrong, by the time we are 1/3 out to the wall, we can only see less then 20ft in front of us. It is too dangerous for us to go out there (we only got two flash light and one small AS_s glow in the dark boat light) so we decided to stay inside the bay. We spend the rest of the night cast toward to rock; and catch and release about 14 sandbass, they are all good size, I only got 3 and my buddy SBM Sand Bass Master got the rest of them :D he just pull them up one after another. I losted few cos I didn’t set the hook right. Over all it was a good night fishing we hope next time we can able to go out to the wall and catch more fish.
    Btw, hey GeordyBass do you have VHF radio ? when are you gonna go out again ? let me know

Last edited by fishkenstein; 03-22-2010 at 01:26 PM.

you got to be exremely carefull,i was out sun morn and was lost till i ran into another boater that let me follow him to the wall.good catch

3. Default

Sat night was foggy as hell. All fish were sandbass. They were not hiding tight to the jetty rocks. Most were caught at about 20 feet of water. Fished incoming tide. No love at the first two spots. We were fortunate enough to find some structure at the 3rd stop without a fish finder. It was WFO for about an hour. Bite shut down after current stopped flowing. Not too bad consider its our first time fishing MDR on boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Matador1238 View Post
    Sat night was foggy as hell. All fish were sandbass. They were not hiding tight to the jetty rocks. Most were caught at about 20 feet of water. Fished incoming tide. No love at the first two spots. We were fortunate enough to find some structure at the 3rd stop without a fish finder. It was WFO for about an hour. Bite shut down after current stopped flowing. Not too bad consider its our first time fishing MDR on boat.
    No more rockhoppin the jettys huh? Nice job guys.

Nice job Mike! You did wayyy better than us! lmao Boat looks sweet too! and no, my boat doesn't have any electronics lol!

Sounds like a S P O O K Y Good time.
    Nice way to spend the evening for sure and a good fish count as well!
    Keep it up!

Good size Bass.
    Been thinking about getting a radar reflector to help avoid being run over.

DR

Nice job guys.
    I have to work the next week, so no fishing for me, well maybe tomorrow when I get my guy set up for the 4 hours he's gonna work in Oceanside.....tee hee hee
    Robert