Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Multi-Species Day Recon... Starting to Look Good Out there! Sunday 3/21/10

Default Multi-Species Day Recon... Starting to Look Good Out there! Sunday 3/21/10

Headed out to recon a few areas with Mike (Bones) today to see if the Spring bite have materialized yet.
    The answer is "NO", but it's starting to look pretty good. We just need the water temperature to hit 60+ degrees and it's on! Weather is great and water conditions are clear in most places. Beach landscaping is starting to recover and reshape from previous storms. Things are looking up for the Spring bite fellow anglers... so get out there and gettem!

I regret to report that no legal Flatties were caught today, but we had a multi-species day and a decent fish count. A handful of short Halibut, a bunch of Perch and some monster Shovelnose to provide some major bendos... good times!

Techniques: Throwing LC's, Krocs, Dropshotting plastics, C-rig Gulp Camo Sandworms & grubs.

The pictures tells the story, enjoy.

Grey light, somewhere on the California Coast. Flat conditions with -1' swells, love it!

Fishing the low tide and taking mental notes on all structures. At high tide, this is well underwater.

Kelp is starting to wash up on the shoreline. Nice Simms jacket Mike!

One of many short Butts... the bigger units are on the way!

Nice structure, but nobody home.

Mike gets one of his shorts slow rolling the Kroc.

Major bendo... Wishing that it might be a big Halibut...

Hoping that it may be a nice Leopard Shark...

But then, reality sets in... Mr. Wiggles.

Mike gets wounded on the battlefield... past the barb.

With a little persuasion from a pair of pliers.

You find some cool things on the beach...

Another poor man's Leopard Shark.

The release...

More short Flatties.

And another...

My Frankenfish LC.

Too funny...

Last stop of the day.

Lobster trap???

David...

Goliath.

Mike, you're not a 20 year old anymore dude.

Extra pics:
    Springtime is here!!!

A reminder to all of you... to take time out of your busy lives to stop, and smell the flowers.

It's going to be a great Spring bite... until the next tide, see you guys & gals in the surf!

One day, when I'm old & gray... somebody will ask me what was the one thing that I was glad I was able to do in my life. My reply will be, "I was awake for it..."

Parting shot:
    Team 57 Rule!
    Last edited by Wingnut; 08-19-2010 at 06:11 PM. Reason: Spelling corrections.

another great outing for sure....those big flattys should be cruising in anytime now......
    bones had a ruff one, with the hook in the finger and banged up shin....ouch!!...all worth it of coarse.....

I'm sooooooooo tired today dude!
    Fishing with you is always like bootcamp Arthur. You forgot to let everyone know how we started off.
    First.....My knee injury (floating cartilliage) stuck right in the joint of my knee provided me with only one good pain free leg for the day. That was really rough even though I took 1600 mg of motrin in three hours.
    And then there was you pulling the allnighter after your friends BD party. You show up at 5:00am and as I limp to the curb you say " I just got home 2 hours ago".Just another mind over matter SWAT recon session my friend.
    12 hours ..........4 locations...........in waders......out of waders (brrrrrrrr).......200 miles of driving!!!!
    What a blast!

Still a walk in the park compared to some of our adventures last year and we have lined up some serious new areas to fish this summer.

Can't wait!

Gotta go.....Greylight and the backside of hightide in one hour.

-----------------<><
    Last edited by bones; 03-22-2010 at 05:32 AM.

Arthur and Mike, I see the bites not happening up there...yet, but it still looked like a great adventure. That last perch is huge!
    Bones, everytime I see an experienced angler with a treble buried past the barb, it's a reminder that one day, it'll be my turn

Great job out there Arthur,
    Looks like the two of you had a pleasurable time, well..not Mike. Those were some pretty good size shovel nose.
    200 miles and counting, are those "work" miles deductible!?...lol
    Have a Good One,
    Robert

I remember talking to you Saturday night at the party, it was around 2:00am. You looked at your watch and said, I'll be in the surf in a few hours. I thought to myself, no wonder he's the leader of the SWAT Team. That was one nice recon session Art and some beautiful pics to share. Spring is indeed upon us. It was great talking to you at the party whenever the pretty ladies left you alone for a minute that is. lol

No waders? Am I rubbing off on you?? I'll start reconning my AO and then wait for you to come down and catch a bunch of fish around me...

Whoa, the mighty Wingnut and Halibut slayer resorting to Perching?????
    Just joking dude, looks like a pretty rough outing with all the injuries. Caught one of those weid looking shovelnose once, freaked me out the first time I saw one up close, those things don't even look real.

I was waiting for this report nice job out on the surf zone and all species but really nice hook in the hand Mike way to pull it out hurts my hand just looking at it lol. The weather is nice in Mex crystal clear beaches with tons of bait and dorado jumping from casting distance one thing about cruise i dont like not enough fishing time and paying a buck a min to be online is not cool i need my fishing reports.

Bigred
    Last edited by BIGRED KILLA; 03-22-2010 at 05:53 PM.

Now its the "wingnut and funnybones" show! Mike, your speeding up instead of slowing down. Arthur must do 100 pushups and situps before he pee's in the morning. But high energy outings are always great for looking back, and telling everyone all the things you did in a day. I'll hook up with the team soon brothers! Mikey

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast