Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: the wall and fog.

Default the wall and fog.

took the monark out this morning ,me and my boy.launched out of cabrillo,and could,nt see20ft in front of me,i lost my sense of direction and found myself bobbin around cabrillo marina.so i just started to cruise then i met up with another boater and he was kinda lost also.i followed him until we hit the breakwall and then he marked his spot with his gps,(i need one)so we went our separate ways and we started to fish.my boy came up with a 16in sandie,then i followed it with a 14 in calico.i also caught a copper rock fish maybe 12in.but fishing was alright nothing wide open,but alot of boat traffic out there.my boy caught his fish using the drop shot with slice up pieces of squid.my fish were caught on the swimmie also with pieces of squid.sorry no pics my camera took a dump.so till next time tight lines fishermen.

Nice job getting your boy out there and on some fish.
    Robert

Fog is scary. Glad you guys stayed safe out there. Nice goin on the mixed catch.

4. Default

I was on the docks when it rolled in, was really, really thick. Never seen fog like it before. Glad you are ok!

good times bro....gotta love the fog banks....glad to hear the fish were still biting....

Rather than worry about hitting something my concern is being run over.
    DR

i took my kids down to redondo sat night to walk and eat on some seafood.and you could just see a blanket of fog rollin in.but in the morn when your on the water,it is a lil spooky.luckily i found a fisherman that let me follow him.and then it was on.it cleared enough in the around 9ish.that we new we'll be ok .also was checked by fish and game at the docks,checked my three fish and i asked ?'s regarding crabbin.and we were on our way home.coast guard wouldnt allow some guys out because the didnt have pfd 4.when i came in they asked me if i wanted to sell mine.i didnt even know what the hell he was talkin about,but its the cushion with the strap and i have 3 on the boat and i just gave him one,i try to keep good karma,what comes around goes around.

Nice report FFLB , glad you guys got some fish & made it out safe.

Some of my fondest memories are of fishing trips with my grandfather many, many years ago and lots of those times it was either over cast or foggy which is probably why I love fishing on over cast and foggy days! Enjoy these times with your kids brother cuz they only come once. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by CastMan View Post
    Some of my fondest memories are of fishing trips with my grandfather many, many years ago and lots of those times it was either over cast or foggy which is probably why I love fishing on over cast and foggy days! Enjoy these times with your kids brother cuz they only come once. ;)
    i also enjoy the overcast,but this time was'nt as good to start off,but still had fun with the kiddo.