Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mojave Narrows Derby 1st & 6th Place

Default Mojave Narrows Derby 1st & 6th Place

I have never fished the narrows but I have found that the trout derby's are a great place to promote my home made Mammothmagic trout bait so, I got there at 5:am to find 50 cars ahead of me "ouch." I honestly don't know where people behind me found places to fish and even the spot I found had about 3 feet on each side of me to cast. However fish on, on my first cast. It was steady pickins until I had caught my 5 by 11:am. It was kind of lame that when I caught my good size fish I had to go to the opposite end of the lake to weigh in , I probably killed over half an hour of prime early time fishin. It was also lame that I had a 5 plus pounder come out of the water after my bait twice without hooking up I guess I need to slow it down a notch. The set up I was using was 2 size 16 treble hooks tied 24" apart fly lined with a reel pause, reel pause. I also added a pinch of yellow power bait to give it color because the water was filthy with about 2' visibility and Mammothmagic is brown the same color of the water. It all paid off with a 6th place fish @ 2.14 Lb for a bunch of gift cards and the 1st place fish @ 3.4Lb for $500 at Turner's Outdoor, good times and looking forward to my next trout fishing experience.

Quote Originally Posted by MammothMagic View Post
    I have never fished the narrows but I have found that the trout derby's are a great place to promote my home made Mammothmagic trout bait so, I got there at 5:am to find 50 cars ahead of me "ouch." I honestly don't know where people behind me found places to fish and even the spot I found had about 3 feet on each side of me to cast. However fish on, on my first cast. It was steady pickins until I had caught my 5 by 11:am. It was kind of lame that when I caught my good size fish I had to go to the opposite end of the lake to weigh in , I probably killed over half an hour of prime early time fishin. It was also lame that I had a 5 plus pounder come out of the water after my bait twice without hooking up I guess I need to slow it down a notch. The set up I was using was 2 size 16 treble hooks tied 24" apart fly lined with a reel pause, reel pause. I also added a pinch of yellow power bait to give it color because the water was filthy with about 2' visibility and Mammothmagic is brown the same color of the water. It all paid off with a 6th place fish @ 2.14 Lb for a bunch of gift cards and the 1st place fish @ 3.4Lb for $500 at Turner's Outdoor, good times and looking forward to my next trout fishing experience.

Hey man I seen you out there GOOD JOB!!!! I got 35th 41st not to bad I guess. I think I need to try out some of this "Mammothmagic" som time!!

Trout 1

I was out there also, first trout derby ever. Went unprepared like a champ. Caught 3 trout lost 1. Good job man, nice meting you out there Trout1!

Quote Originally Posted by oscarbassman View Post
    I was out there also, first trout derby ever. Went unprepared like a champ. Caught 3 trout lost 1. Good job man, nice meting you out there Trout1!
    hey you didnt do to bad for the first 1!!! Dang gettin in line at 11 was killer huh!?!?

Trout 1

Haha yea so we can get cut off by some drunk idiots. anyways man.. that night was freezing dude haha.

Yeah that was wrong on so many levels man!!

Trout 1

good job cody..i bet there were some big guys in there too...cool u got away with first place with a 3 pounder...i bet over the next week there will be a lot of biggins comin out...good job tho man...we need to hook up and get out there sometime... i want to get some more mammoth as well... the first batch i got was a lil dry.o well... take it easy man

I'm going over there in the morning to pick up everyone's leftovers!

Some Double D's in there and they are about to be slayed by the Sage..

Good job out there fellas and thanks for leaving me the big ones!

Quote Originally Posted by Trout 1 View Post
    Hey man I seen you out there GOOD JOB!!!! I got 35th 41st not to bad I guess. I think I need to try out some of this "Mammothmagic" som time!!

Trout 1
    Right on good job, and for sure any time you want some just let me know.

Thanks trout guy and for sure the next batch is on me just let me know.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast