Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Castaic Lagoon 3/20 - Tuber Meet-Up

Default Castaic Lagoon 3/20 - Tuber Meet-Up

I went out to the Goon today for the float tube meet-up and got there around 7:00. I went over to Paradise cove to meet some of the tubers and do a little fishing. I met some pretty cool people today. All of them were nice. One of the guys I met, Sean, gave me some hand poured worms and stuff and I used one of those and caught a 1 lb 10 oz bass. Thanks Shawn! I moved down and then started fishing for crappie. I got 9 of those, all ranging from around 1 to 2 lbs. The fish have moved up into the shallows and I am thinking next weekend will be when the fishing will start to get really good! Most of the bass were very spooky, but the crappie seemed to be fine. I am definitely getting better at sight fishing.

Nice, healthy first fish of the day: 1 lb 10 oz

1 lb 5 oz

10 oz

1 lb 12 oz

1 lb 13 oz

1 lb 11 oz

This one was frisky and escaped while I was trying to weight it! I'm guessing around 1 lb.

1 lb 7 oz

This one also escaped and I'm thinking it was around 1.5 lbs.

Note the deformed lip: 1 lb 1 oz
    Last edited by Fire Ball; 03-20-2010 at 10:59 PM.

Nice catches, I need to get a new tube...

I see you had a CRAPPIE day. lol. Nice catches. Also nice to meet you out there. Hope to get out there on a tube soon and join up with ya!

Nice crappie Fire Ball. I have to disagree, on the bass being spooky. I landed 6 today ranging from 1.5- 3lb 9 oz today. The key was locating them, all fish caught we're relatively shallow, and caught on plastics. Ray did get a couple bites in 20 ft of water, I agree if the weather continue to be warm, they shold be spawning within a few days. Myself, Ray, Darly, and Rob were all on fish today, 4 fish over 3 lbs between us.

Quote Originally Posted by Robo Bass View Post
    Nice catches, I need to get a new tube...
    Definitely!

Quote Originally Posted by McFingers View Post
    I see you had a CRAPPIE day. lol. Nice catches. Also nice to meet you out there. Hope to get out there on a tube soon and join up with ya!
    Definitely nice meeting you. Definitely get a tube!

Quote Originally Posted by bassguy View Post
    Nice crappie Fire Ball. I have to disagree, on the bass being spooky. I landed 6 today ranging from 1.5- 3lb 9 oz today. The key was locating them, all fish caught we're relatively shallow, and caught on plastics. Ray did get a couple bites in 20 ft of water, I agree if the weather continue to be warm, they shold be spawning within a few days. Myself, Ray, Darly, and Rob were all on fish today, 4 fish over 3 lbs between us.
    Were you sight fishing? All I was doing was sight fishing and most of the ones up real shallow were very spooky. I kinda got addicted to the sight fishing and didn't want to do anything else today, lol.

Man those crappies are definitely bedding right now.

Fireball,
    Glad the tuber get together turned out great for you all. Those are some nice Crappie, Congrats!
    Thanks for the post and the pixs.

NG

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Ball View Post

Were you sight fishing? All I was doing was sight fishing and most of the ones up real shallow were very spooky. I kinda got addicted to the sight fishing and didn't want to do anything else today, lol.
    We saw you by the tullies at the north end. Nope, we were not sight fishing. All of my fish we're caught on long cast, slowly working the worm. We did look in some shallow areas out of curiosity, but did not see any beds. Talked to Butch for awhile today, he even said they we're not bedding yet.

Quote Originally Posted by bassguy View Post
    We saw you by the tullies at the north end. Nope, we were not sight fishing. All of my fish we're caught on long cast, slowly working the worm. We did look in some shallow areas out of curiosity, but did not see any beds. Talked to Butch for awhile today, he even said they we're not bedding yet.
    Ya, I fished up there for a while. Most of the fish on the beds were crappie. Some of the bass are bedding, but lots are just getting ready and that is why they were so spooky. I'm definitely addicted to sight fishing now, lol. It can be very frustrating though.

Saw you today zooming around the lake. I was the guy without a pole out there today. I asked a few people about Team 57 meet up and everyone I asked had no idea what I was talking about. I almost asked you if you were part of the meet up...
    Were the other guys around the dock from FNN.?? Was a great day to fish. Next time I hope I don't forget my license. I drove too far to just leave, so I gave my tube it's first taste of water.. Can't wait to do it again...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast