Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Castaic Lake 3/17 - After School Session

Default Castaic Lake 3/17 - After School Session

My dad and I drove up to the Upper Lake today a little while after I got home from school. We got and there, launched, and made our way to our first spot. Nothing there for a while, so we moved on to the next spot. We fished this spot for a little while and then made another move, but we metered some fish hanging tight on some cover so we decided to cast over where I thought it was. On the second cast to the area, I hooked up within 10 seconds. It was a fun fight and I pulled up a nice bass weighing almost 2 lbs. It had two little leeches in its mouth and had a nice fat belly, but you can't tell from the picture. We fished a couple more spots for nothing, but I am probably going back tomorrow for another after school session. The fish was caught in around 20 ft of water. We only got a couple hours in, but it was still fun.

Nice catch brother

Good catch, glad to see the LMBs are getting pulled out again. He looks kinda thin though, the pic kinda looks like he's got a striper body. Hopefully the shad come up soon and he can fill that belly more.

Quote Originally Posted by TopwaterTony View Post
    Good catch, glad to see the LMBs are getting pulled out again. He looks kinda thin though, the pic kinda looks like he's got a striper body. Hopefully the shad come up soon and he can fill that belly more.
    Actually, he wasn't very thin. His belly was bulging out the sides and not from the bottom of the fish, so you can't see it from the pictures. I should have taken some pictures of the belly from a different angle. Kinda looked like a golf ball in his stomach, lol.

Way to go, Fire Ball...keep up the after school regimen when you can...I'm going to execute a full frontal assault tomorrow morning....booyah!!

like your skirt. blade eagles are awesome.

Nice catch !! Finally without a sweater WTF !!

It's nice to hear your getting out after school. The time change is great for fishing.

Were the leeches attached or had it eaten them?

Quote Originally Posted by sidified View Post
    Way to go, Fire Ball...keep up the after school regimen when you can...I'm going to execute a full frontal assault tomorrow morning....booyah!!
    Will do, haha.
    Tell me how you do. Hopefully I can get out there today after school.

Quote Originally Posted by superbigfish View Post
    like your skirt. blade eagles are awesome.
    Do you mean my shirt? Lol, I always seem to have awesome shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by LuvThymetal View Post
    Nice catch !! Finally without a sweater WTF !!
    I know! Finally! I was sweating yesterday, lol.

Nice fish! Definitely a hilarious shirt...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast