Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 03-17-10 lagoon PB crappie twice over!!!! boat mission!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Lopez View Post
    you really should try some crappie!!!!

Everyone loved it. As a matter of fact my fiancee just told me again "Damn that crappie was really good last night."

It was my first time actually catching and keeping um and boy what a surpise. I can say i liked the crappie over striped bass.
    that good? sounds delicious man, I am forsure going to have to give them a shot..

some lime & tortillas, pshh! awesomeness.

Nice feeesh ray

I'm goonin Sunday....!

RayLo,
    Nice PB's on those sweet Crappies. Your lil backyard fishing hole always produces for ya, Congrats, looked like good eating indeed.
    Thanks for the post and pixs.

NG

Very nice.. Good eatin'! Thanks for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Lopez View Post
    you really should try some crappie!!!!

Everyone loved it. As a matter of fact my fiancee just told me again "Damn that crappie was really good last night."

It was my first time actually catching and keeping um and boy what a surpise. I can say i liked the crappie over striped bass.
    Ahhh, Yeah!

Beware of the parasites in the Lagoon crappie. Apparently lots of reports are filed about people getting parasites and stuff like that in the summer when the Goon starts getting crowded with lots of fishermen. Just something that I heard.
    Last edited by Fire Ball; 03-19-2010 at 05:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Ball View Post
    Beware of the parasites in the Lagoon crappie. Apparently lots of reports are filed about people getting parasites and stuff like that in the summer when the Goon starts getting crowded from the crappie. Just something that I heard.
    You said "lots of reports are filed about people getting parasites", Could you please share where some of the reports are because I tried Google-ing it and was unable to find any

Also you said"in the summer when the Goon starts getting crowded from the crappie." the reason any lake gets crowded with crappie is because they are not being harvested correctly. Personally, I as well as many others, will keep spawning crappie because if you dont they can and will over run a lake, your statement of the goon getting "crowded with crappie" supports my statement. It was only a few years back that they even impossed a limit of 25 on them because of their over population.
    Last edited by Bassnman Mike; 03-19-2010 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bassnman Mike View Post
    You said "lots of reports are filed about people getting parasites", Could you please share where some of the reports are because I tried Google-ing it and was unable to find any

Also you said"in the summer when the Goon starts getting crowded from the crappie." the reason any lake gets crowded with crappie is because they are not being harvested correctly. Personally, I as well as many others, will keep spawning crappie because if you dont they can and will over run a lake, your statement of the goon getting "crowded with crappie" supports my statement. It was only a few years back that they even impossed a limit of 25 on them because of their over population.
    OOPS! Didn't mean to say crowded with the crappie, meant to say crowded with all the people! I didn't read it before I posted, lol. I don't know where you can find the reports, but you could probably contact the lake. Just what I have heard and it is just crappie basically, not other fish.

I call BS brotha Fireball.. I was going to go to the lagoon but decided to hit the surf with my buddy victor101.

Quote Originally Posted by lalo56 View Post
    I call BS brotha Fireball.. I was going to go to the lagoon but decided to hit the surf with my buddy victor101.
    Ya, possibly BS. Idk though. I should go do some investigating, lol.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast