Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: * Everyone needs to read this *

Default * Everyone needs to read this *

PLEASE Check out this website -- www.spokeo.com - It's TERRIFING.... Has all your personal info, even pictures of your house and home phone number. You can have your info removed by clicking on the "Privacy" link at the bottom of the home page.People Search | White Pages | Phone Book | FREE!People Search | White Pages ...| Phone Book | FREE!

My Niece found this and this is messed up !! I removed my stuff. I recommend you all do the same
    People Search | White Pages | Phone Book | FREE!
    www.spokeo.com

I really don't think there is a need for a photo of your house and address and other personal info. that is on these type of web sites . I was shocked to see a photo of my house on this web site . I took it off very quickly . It was a little hard to do but i WAs able to do it. I wonder how many other web sites have this kind of personal info out there ?

No information found of me.

Quote Originally Posted by lalo56 View Post
    No information found of me.

Good for you Eddie. Check it out for other family members and see if they are listed . Have them take it off if they are on there

Sucks that ppl have easy access to others personal stuff. Google Maps also has a pic of your home, your neighborhood at that. There's also a website called ZabaSearch.com, pretty much the same thing as this Spokeo.com site.
    Last edited by evalrez; 03-16-2010 at 03:33 PM.

I'm not on there, but my brother, mom, and dad are on there. I wasn't expecting to be on there because I am a minor, but my brother in younger than I am! I don't know how he is on there, lol.

im not on there either but most of my family is 0.o

Damn, need to water my lawn...

Nothing is safe or sacred anymore. There is no true privacy anymore. If you fill out your information anywhere, even the most seemingly innocuous places, sooner or later it will end up on sites like this. The only way to stop it is to move way off the grid.

I found myself on this site--but they had my zodiac sign wrong, which means they may not have my birthdate.

I found my folks, but the picture of their house was wrong and it said they were in a 50 unit condominium.

It makes me wonder what these folks are really up to with this website...they could be phishing for information as they go along.

They don't make it easy to find out where to get your name removed either. To do so if you info is on there, click on one of the hot buttons and it will take you to the screen where you have to pay to get more info. Then scroll down until you see 'privacy' in really small print. You will need the URL from the page with your info to complete.
    Last edited by Trout-Chaser; 03-16-2010 at 04:38 PM.

I just wonder if you were shocked to see your info. on there like that ?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast