Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "SWAT" Spring Training Camp and Recon!!!!!

GREAT pics, looks like you guys had a blast...thanks for sharing...

Great report and pics Steve!

Nice perchies. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun out there. Love the superman rod. Wish they would make an adult version.

What a great time we all had on Sunday. It was nice to hit the surf with the S.W.A.T. Crew again. Mike, Steve, Lucas and Phuong... always a pleasure being on the front line with you guys. Jerry and Marc, we missed you guys out there, but there will be many more missions to come. Roy, I'm glad that you were able to join us, see you next time we head North. Mikey, welcome to the "Band of Brothers." Your experience and great attitude towards life makes you a natural fit with the team.

We have many challenges this year. Not only we have to chase the elusive legal Flatties and all of our personal bests, but we have to do it while trying to evade the evil "Butt Pirate" Yuri Sputnik. Death to Yuri!!!

It's going to be a fun season and I'm looking forward to sharing it with my close friends.

Drag pulling Perch!

Perch killer.

We encountered life...

and death...

Battle weary.

Parting shots...

Last edited by Wingnut; 03-16-2010 at 04:34 PM. Reason: Adding pics.

GOOD JOB BOYS, BLACKWATER I WANTED TO SEE BLOOD IN THE WATER AS LONG AS WASNT BIGREDS,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,

You SWAT guys are hardcore....looking forward to another set of excellent surf reports from you halibut fanatics!

My money is on one of ya'll catching a little thresher in the next few months as the water warms...

Yes, I did take this pic... and Lucas is "much" taller than me.
    This was right before we were swamped by an overhead swell. Lucas and I hopped the wave and took on some water. The wave continued on and took out Steve who was behind us.
    Thanks to the S.W.A.T. training, Steve came out of it relatively unscaved... a little wet, but otherwise intact.
    Somewhere, much closer to the shore, Bones and Exfactor was laughing their asses off at us.

Quote Originally Posted by Wingnut View Post
    Yes, I did take this pic... and Lucas is "much" taller than me.
    This was right before we were swamped by an overhead swell. Lucas and I hopped the wave and took on some water. The wave continued on and took out Steve who was behind us.
    Thanks to the S.W.A.T. training, Steve came out of it relatively unscaved... a little wet, but otherwise intact.
    Somewhere, much closer to the shore, Bones and Exfactor was laughing their asses off at us.
    Hey now! I just had to retrieve my new hat after getting hit!

Lucas brought enough water to the parking lot to start a tide pool!

You and Lucas should have been wearing a mask & snorkel! It would help you avoid the pancakes and locate the Legals!!!!!
    Last edited by flyngby; 03-16-2010 at 09:46 PM.

Default S.W.A.T boot camp & Recon

Flyngby,
    Great post, glad to see "Da Boys" getting ready for the S.W.A.T. 2010 assault. I have a feeling we will see a record Hali catch from one of the members, 40+" is what I am predicting, I know one of you Gents will git r' done. I love seeing the original S.W.A.T. members getting some recon done, hardworking surf assault, sweet! I wonder how many miles you all will cover this season?
    Love the Superman pole pixs and the group shots. Attacking the surf with various tactical equipment, you guys work hard at it to prepare yourselves for any situation Poseidon will throw out at ya, . Hardcore training. Thanks for the xlnt post and pixs.

NG

Quote Originally Posted by bones View Post
    Good Times......Good FRIENDS!
    What a blast finally getting the crew together and hitting up the surf. Too bad JerryG wasn't able to make it too but he was there with us in spirit for sure.The great meal combined with all of the Old salty dog stories that Exfactor Mikey had to share was awesome as well. Once again a special thanks to Arthur for treating everyone to that post war zone meal.

This Pic........ALMOST made me piss my pants with laughter......

Bigred looks like a big old tube of toothpaste.....
    His hard work losing all of that weight was reversed by poseidon in one quick tidal surge!
    Either that or he is extremely constipated!

JK....Lucas.....You da MAN!

Seriously.....Look at how CLEAR the water is around Bigreds neck....LOL
    If Wingnut was taking that pic he was up to his eyebrows in water!

Thanks again Steve for putting up the report.

---------<><

Thanks Mike.. Looking forward to fishing with you soon my friend.. Good friends and good times..

JerryG

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123