Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Castaic Lagoon 3/13

Default Castaic Lagoon 3/13

I went to the Lagoon today and got there around 6:15 and launched. It was pretty calm when I got there, but by the time I was in the water, the wind picked up considerably. I made my way over to my spot and then saw some crappie. I was sight fishing for them and I managed to get one! My very first real sight fish, haha! It was a nice 1.5 lb crappie. It was really dark compared to all of the other crappie I have caught. I fished some more, but by this time the wind was really bad. At 9:30 I decided to make my way back to the ramp to get out of the water. I started across, but the waves were pushing me right into the buoy line, so I decided to just get out of the water on the West side and walk across the bridge back to the East side to get to my car. I think today would have been a good day if the wind wasn't so bad. I was excited about that crappie! You really have to work for them when you can actually see them. I saw Goonie today and fished and talked with him for a while. He did better than I did with the crappie. I think I was trying to catch some of the fish that he released, so they didn't want to get caught again, lol.

My nice 1.5 lb crappie. Released.

Nice one FB.

That is a big crappie.

Holly crappie fireball....good job buddy..

nice slab I need to get out there and catch a few

Very nice! Great catch.

Nice to see the slabbies are coming out to play! Thanks for the report!

Nice Carppie FB!!!! I went out there saturday morning but the wind was just way too bad. Glad you had at least some fun out there. ha ha

Quote Originally Posted by phantomson9 View Post
    Nice Carppie FB!!!! I went out there saturday morning but the wind was just way too bad. Glad you had at least some fun out there. ha ha
    You definitely have to check the forecast before you go. I HAD to get out there and catch a fish, so that is why I went. The force pulling me to the Goon was too strong, lol. I figured since it was going to be even windier on Sunday that I would go Saturday. Hopefully the water warms up this week and the wind stays down.

Nice size slab!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast