Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Dvl 3/11/10

Default Dvl 3/11/10

Hi Everyone,

My fiance made plans to head out to DVL yesterday. We swooped up his uncle and a friend of ours and were on our way by 5am. We arrived to a line right outside the gate a few minutes after 6am. After boat inspections we were on our way through the gate, paid our dues and were off to our rented pontoon. We headed straight to the rock quarry for no love except for Danny's uncle who managed to hook up on a 10 lb. catfish . The beast was quite a struggle. We moved around to different spots suggested by the guy at the dock for no action . After that excitement, it was nothing but peace and quiet. We were throwing everything we had out there. We tried swimbaits, plastics, PB, nightcrawlers w/eggs, nightcrawlers alone, we dunked them in BITE ON Garlic scent, we used BANG garlic scent, we tried jigs and NO LOVE . All and all it was a georgeous day, the water was so still and the company was great. Because this was our 5th skunk at DVL, my fiance and I are considering a guide the next time around!!!

You gotta use trout if you want to do any good at DVL...lol

Man I feel your pain... I was out there 9 hours yesterday and I guess it was the cold front, but had no luck. I missed two drop-shotting on East Damn, but other than that it just sucked.

And by the way the water temp was 57-58 degrees all over lake.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfish420 View Post
    Yeah, so I've heard!!

Hire Art Hill he is a great teacher as well as a guide. It will be money well spent.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfish420 View Post
    use trout for LMB and use LMB for stripers!

Quote Originally Posted by evalrez View Post
    Hi Everyone,

My fiance made plans to head out to DVL yesterday. We swooped up his uncle and a friend of ours and were on our way by 5am. We arrived to a line right outside the gate a few minutes after 6am. After boat inspections we were on our way through the gate, paid our dues and were off to our rented pontoon. We headed straight to the rock quarry for no love except for Danny's uncle who managed to hook up on a 10 lb. catfish . The beast was quite a struggle. We moved around to different spots suggested by the guy at the dock for no action . After that excitement, it was nothing but peace and quiet. We were throwing everything we had out there. We tried swimbaits, plastics, PB, nightcrawlers w/eggs, nightcrawlers alone, we dunked them in BITE ON Garlic scent, we used BANG garlic scent, we tried jigs and NO LOVE . All and all it was a georgeous day, the water was so still and the company was great. Because this was our 5th skunk at DVL, my fiance and I are considering a guide the next time around!!!

I was out today with a participant in next weeks HBC tournament, and we really hammered them. The fish are scattered throughout the water from 2 feet, to 50 feet. But they are eating. It will only get better with the warming water. A couple more degrees and it will be W.F.O. Call me anytime if you ever need help. Information is free of charge.

Good Luck,

Art

www.diamondvalleyguideservice.com

Quote Originally Posted by ART HILL View Post
    I was out today with a participant in next weeks HBC tournament, and we really hammered them. The fish are scattered throughout the water from 2 feet, to 50 feet. But they are eating. It will only get better with the warming water. A couple more degrees and it will be W.F.O. Call me anytime if you ever need help. Information is free of charge.

Good Luck,

Art

www.diamondvalleyguideservice.com

I second that. I have had more help from Art on fishing for Green Bass then any other guide including guides that I've hired in the past. Honestly Art Hill is not just a guide but a teacher. He's the kind of person that likes to help people become a better angler both on his guide trips and the years to come after. I would honestly say that is the reason why once you book a trip with him and experience his service you'll be compelled to book another trip in the future. He caters to YOUR needs. He will ask you what YOU want to do today on YOUR guide trip with him. Do you want to learn a new technique, catch big fish, catch alot of fish, or just learn how to catch fish for yourself on your own and why. He shows you how to do it on your own and is available to answer your questions even after the trip, not just on the trip. ART HILL's guide trip are more then a day on the water. It's one step towards to becoming a better angler. Hit him up. You won't regret it.

CHUY a.k.a. Tony

Default Garlic

My Italian wife read this and thought that maybe the bass in DVL are not Italian which would explain why the garlic sauce did not work. http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/ima...s/icon_lol.gif