Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Ducin' Around

Default Ducin' Around

I'm having a quiet time yesterday afternoon and I get a call from ferno. He says let's hit the duct for a little bit. He has not fished in some time and had the fever. It didn't take any arm twisting and I immediately said let's go. We met up an hour later and we get out there just as it's getting dark. First stop nothing. Second stop nothing for awhile and then we start bsing. I have my lure out and am retrieving it while we are talking. Oddly enough I am talking about not having any followers in awhile. I'm looking at ferno and talking still and out of the corner of my eye I see a flash. I knew my lure was close and thought it was my lure. I am still continuing my conversation and reeling in and the flash gets bigger and my rod bends. It did not even compute that I had a fish on but instinct had me reeling it in. It didn't go very far because it was so close to shore and I muscled it in quick.

Here is the pic of me and the fish. Another healthy and chunky AV striper.

Here's ferno's DD stripe. We'll get 'em next time bud.

Forgot to mention there was no flow at all. Winds have finally died down and it was a calm early evening.

Another nice AV striper YOLO,,,,,,WTG

Thanks TB.
    Flow update. I was out getting a brake job today and made a slight little detour on the way home and there was flow mid day. Palmdale area about an 1/8th open and one side of the gate was more open than the other by like 8 inches. Not real turbulent swishing flow but enough to mix the water around and swirl it. Just an FYI.

yolo your the man dude! ima have to hit you up when it a lil warmer. I wanna get my son on a AV stripey.
    Last edited by spoon2610; 03-12-2010 at 03:10 PM.

man i like the left eye shots ,nice lookin duct jail fish.

Nice! You even catch them when your not paying attention.

Another one????? Save some for me! LOL.