Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Phenix or G-Loomis?

Yeah helped a lot thanks man. I do see how some fishermen wouldnt want to be sponsored it make since both ways!

Trout 1

Look,

There isn't a best rod. The best rod is the one that works best for the type of fishing style that you have period. All the manufacturers that were listed before make nice quality rods to be sure and there are a few others out there that also make some super sick stuff as well. Sage makes some of the nicest fly blanks around and when wrapped for spinning are some of the most sensitive and lightest complete rods available. But with Sage comes a high price tag. Loomis is also a very good product and used to be available in blank form but no longer, Shimano has sank that ship. If you want a custom wrapped Loomis you have to find a dealer or wrapper that has blanks left and hope he or she has the blank that you want or you have to buy a complete factory rod and have it stripped and then re-wrapped with the components of your choice. Phenix is on their game as well and offers a few nice blanks that will meet your needs. St Croix is another and the list goes on and on. You have to fish with different rods and then come to your own conclusions is what I'm really trying to say and don't be swayed by people's opinions on something as intimate as your own personal rod and what's best for you. That's going to take a little time and effort on your part to come up with what's best for you. Good luck to you!

Quote Originally Posted by AngryAgent View Post
    Look,

There isn't a best rod. The best rod is the one that works best for the type of fishing style that you have period. All the manufacturers that were listed before make nice quality rods to be sure and there are a few others out there that also make some super sick stuff as well. Sage makes some of the nicest fly blanks around and when wrapped for spinning are some of the most sensitive and lightest complete rods available. But with Sage comes a high price tag. Loomis is also a very good product and used to be available in blank form but no longer, Shimano has sank that ship. If you want a custom wrapped Loomis you have to find a dealer or wrapper that has blanks left and hope he or she has the blank that you want or you have to buy a complete factory rod and have it stripped and then re-wrapped with the components of your choice. Phenix is on their game as well and offers a few nice blanks that will meet your needs. St Croix is another and the list goes on and on. You have to fish with different rods and then come to your own conclusions is what I'm really trying to say and don't be swayed by people's opinions on something as intimate as your own personal rod and what's best for you. That's going to take a little time and effort on your part to come up with what's best for you. Good luck to you!
    Tahnks a lot man!! I never really thought of it like this but it makes plenty since!

Trout 1

Quote Originally Posted by 2jackedLUNGS View Post
    for me nothing beats a loomis. i had mine wrapped by moon at fishermans depot in bellfower, and it came out clean as hell.

OMG that is beautiful. I am a big loomis fan. I got some vintage ones. Nothing beats the feel of them. You just gave me a new idea for my new striper rod.

I have 3 loomis rod and think they are overrated personally

Quote Originally Posted by Trout 1 View Post
    Thats good to know man. What dose it take to be sponsored? I put my app in for lip ripperZ cuz i love there products and they told me they were going to call me but never did?? Thanks man...

Trout 1
    Trout 1 if you want to try some of my jigs and some new stuff im making I will give you some all i ask that you let me know if you like them . Just tell me what kind of fish and size you catch. I want the input please. Just pm me your address if you want them.

Thanks Mike

Quote Originally Posted by JIG KING View Post
    Trout 1 if you want to try some of my jigs and some new stuff im making I will give you some all i ask that you let me know if you like them . Just tell me what kind of fish and size you catch. I want the input please. Just pm me your address if you want them.

Thanks Mike
    Much better hook up than Lip Ripperz right there! Mike's plastics are definitely legit.

Quote Originally Posted by bsp View Post
    Much better hook up than Lip Ripperz right there! Mike's plastics are definitely legit.
    And you're saying Lip Ripperz aren't? LOL I think their product speaks for them selves.

I like Lip Ripperz don't get me wrong he makes good jigs. I just like to make some colors that nones makes.

I'll take a phenix. I've only owned 1 loomis and wasn't impressed for the price. Stick to Phenix or St. Croix and you wont be disappointed. Lamiglas rods are pretty sick too.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast