Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Phenix or G-Loomis?

oh dang really?
    thats crazy...i met some of the people at the fred hall show, the guys name
    was jason, and he was totally chill. We even got a nice rod bag for free. haha.
    the people i talked to at their booth were totally cool tho! not sure about the team. but yeah man, i think
    when it comes to "mini jigging" rods tho, most would bring up a phenix rod, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by jmp_fishinn View Post
    oh dang really?
    thats crazy...i met some of the people at the fred hall show, the guys name
    was jason, and he was totally chill. We even got a nice rod bag for free. haha.
    the people i talked to at their booth were totally cool tho! not sure about the team. but yeah man, i think
    when it comes to "mini jigging" rods tho, most would bring up a phenix rod, haha.
    Yeah I couldnt belive it!! I met a guy at Rancho Jurapa and he was hella cool I forgot his name tho hahaha. Yea man it is what it is. The guy I was fishing with was like wth too and he told him he better get to stepin so he left lol I was just blown away i just stood there like wth?? lol

Trout 1
    Last edited by Trout 1; 03-12-2010 at 12:00 AM.

for me nothing beats a loomis. i had mine wrapped by moon at fishermans depot in bellfower, and it came out clean as hell.

sorry double posted
    Last edited by 2jackedLUNGS; 03-12-2010 at 04:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trout 1 View Post
    Cool man!! The only real hang up with Phenix I have is the team members I have met have been so fricken arrogant!!!! It was like i was a bad fisherman cuz i didnt have a Phenix rod. It also mad me mad when one of the "team members" took my rod right out of my hand and said "this is how you catch a fish" and he snagged a trout I was at a loss of words but i told him off thats for sure! But everything else about Phenix seems great!! I have heard they dont have a real team anymore not sure tho??

Trout 1
    I know that Phenix really wants to distance themselves from the guys who did/do that, and are taking steps to ensure guys like that aren't on the staff anymore. I'm currently sponsored by them, and you're right that there isn't a "Team Phenix" anymore. There are still plenty of pro staffers, but not the "Team Phenix" that had some controversy around it in the past.

As for accessibility to blanks, you can get the Elixers and the Mirages. No Iron Feather blanks though.

jmp_fishinn, what day were you at the show? I was in the booth Saturday, so I am trying to remember if we spoke. I was the youngest guy there.

phenix hands down. save a nother 100 and get a feather.... AMAZING!

Quote Originally Posted by 2jackedLUNGS View Post
    for me nothing beats a loomis. i had mine wrapped by moon at fishermans depot in bellfower, and it came out clean as hell.

Dude that is sooo sick!!! How much was the rod? How much do they charge to wrap rods? Thanks

Trout 1

Thats good to know man. What dose it take to be sponsored? I put my app in for lip ripperZ cuz i love there products and they told me they were going to call me but never did?? Thanks man...

Trout 1

GLoom with a stella ... my kind of man. How long is the rod. I was turned off some because the longest they have is 7.5 feet ... and it looks like a lot of it is in the handle. I have 7 footers. I'd be interested in contacting the guy and seeing if he'd ship one to northern nevada. Mind sharing his name and #? BTW, what kind of line do you like to use on your stella(s)?

Can't help there since I don't know any Lip Ripperz guys or am affiliated with them in any way. They do make killer stuff though. I'm more partial to the gen 1 worms myself, but the gen 2 is definitely better for dropshotting.

As for getting sponsored for trout fishing, first ask yourself if you really want to be sponsored. For some guys, it's great since you really believe in the gear and would use it anyway. For others, it's a restriction since you can only use a certain brand. Do you really want to use only Lip Ripperz? What if you win a tournament or catch your PB on something that's similar to a Lip Ripperz product, like Power Worms or a Thomas Buoyant? How do you tell your sponsor, and do you guys have an understand what each of you wants out of the deal? Questions like that are what you have to ask yourself. I know some very, very good fishermen that don't want to be sponsored since they want to fish with whatever gear they feel like. Other than that, if you want specifics I don't think there are any. Maybe catch a lot of good fish, win/place in some tournaments, be a nice guy, and hope for the best is all you can really do?

Hope this helps a bit,

Marc

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast