Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Phenix or G-Loomis?

Default Phenix or G-Loomis?

Well I have heard great things about both types of rods but I want your opinon! Im thinking about getting a Loomis or a Phenix I just wonder wich is better? I want the rod for mini jiging.
    Thanks

Trout 1

How much are you willing to spend?

they've both got levels.

for g-loomis its
    G2<G3<IMX<GLX

for phenix they've got
    Elixir<iron feather

if you've go the cash, drop it on an iron feather... its 400 bucks. GLX is like 300 i believe? I would put my preference on GLX, but phenix for the looks =)

st croix is another one you should look at it. i pee a little whenever I see one

Quote Originally Posted by EyeAmRealGhetto View Post
    they've both got levels.

for g-loomis its
    G2<G3<IMX<GLX

for phenix they've got
    Elixir<iron feather

if you've go the cash, drop it on an iron feather... its 400 bucks. GLX is like 300 i believe? I would put my preference on GLX, but phenix for the looks =)

st croix is another one you should look at it. i pee a little whenever I see one

Can i get these in blanks and then get them wrapped?? I have seen St. Croix but I have never really heard anything about them? The look cool tho. Thanks for the info man!

Trout 1
    Last edited by Trout 1; 03-11-2010 at 11:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IncredibleHuck View Post
    How much are you willing to spend?
    $200-300

Trout 1

for jigging... 200-300bucks... definitely drop it on the elixir 8 foot or longer.

they look sha weetttt

for jigging... 200-300bucks... definitely drop it on the elixir 8 foot or longer.

they look sha weetttt

Quote Originally Posted by EyeAmRealGhetto View Post

they look sha weetttt
    Yeah I just looked at them on there site they look great!! I want custom grips and stuff tho. Can they do that or??

Trout 1
    Last edited by Trout 1; 03-11-2010 at 11:16 PM.

phenix! what EyeAmRealGhetto said!
    i own one of the older models its a 8'0 with the shikari blanks and its awesome!
    my pops owns the elixir 761 and he's lovin it.
    but good luck in choosing a rod!
    Last edited by jmp_fishinn; 03-11-2010 at 11:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jmp_fishinn View Post
    phenix! what EyeAmRealGhetto said!
    i own one of the older models its nad 8'0 with the shikari blanks and its awesome.
    and my pops owns the elixir 761.
    Cool man!! The only real hang up with Phenix I have is the team members I have met have been so fricken arrogant!!!! It was like i was a bad fisherman cuz i didnt have a Phenix rod. It also mad me mad when one of the "team members" took my rod right out of my hand and said "this is how you catch a fish" and he snagged a trout I was at a loss of words but i told him off thats for sure! But everything else about Phenix seems great!! I have heard they dont have a real team anymore not sure tho??

Trout 1

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast