Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Castaic Lake 3/11/10 Decent fishing

Quote Originally Posted by blackberg View Post
    nice pix like always
    -bb
    Thanks. I know the iphone camera kinda sucks. I will upgrade it pretty soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishthewhaler View Post
    I bought the same rod at fred haul. turners special...I will break it in this weekend, hopefully a large model. I will fish 2 days this weekend..nice report as usual.
    Kencor for 20 bucks is a steal. It is hella windy out there for the next couple days. Be safe out there.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG0FISH View Post
    I dont understand how you guys do it. I was out last Sunday at the same spot you were and got skunked.
    I've been using sardins but no love whatsoever.
    Your post makes me wanna go out again but damn skunks are always on my back.
    Any tips for the skunk master?
    You just gotta have some patience. When I go out there, I dont even think about catching a whole mess of fish. I dont even care if I just catch 1. Just enjoy the time out and the fish will come to you. I keep experimenting until I find the right combo. Sometimes they are are deep, sometimes they are high. Sometimes they want a small chunk. Sometimes they prefer my rotten bait then my new pack. Your welcome to ask me anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Newfishsmell View Post
    Good report marzocchi , those stripers look strong.
    Great pics...
    Yes the large units are damn tough. I was never a freshwater fisherman. I have always fished saltwater. Love the offshore stuff. Until I caught my first big striper and the fight it gave, I was hooked.

Quote Originally Posted by msos View Post
    Good report and nice stripers.
    Thanks. It is my fishing journal. This site can keep a better record then writing it on a notepad.

Quote Originally Posted by CAPT'N View Post
    Nice linsides , and kitties..............

how deep were you anchored?

Capt'n
    I was at 65-75. Right now they hate anything higher. Lower than 120 for me is a bust.

Quote Originally Posted by kgselect View Post
    Nice stripers. Looks like you found some nicer grade fish. Thanks.
    Yea, they were nice size. I was fortunate to keep running into them for the past couple of weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGBASS MB View Post
    what was the Depth you were fishing???
    PM me
    I was at 65-75 ft.

Thanks for all the other replies from the other post that I did not get to respond back too. I was not forum savy enough back then.
    Last edited by marzocchi; 03-13-2010 at 11:00 PM.

Nice job on the fish. You got that place on lock... THanks for the weekly reports... Hope you get on some yellows... They just started biting again.

Quote Originally Posted by Liteliner View Post
    Nice job on the fish. You got that place on lock... THanks for the weekly reports... Hope you get on some yellows... They just started biting again.
    I been watching those yellows. The winds keeps coming up when I ready to go. I think this upcoming week I am going to get a shot at them.

Snaps !!! Really nice fish. How much did that catfish weight ?

Quote Originally Posted by LuvThymetal View Post
    Snaps !!! Really nice fish. How much did that catfish weight ?
    I am going to say 1 pound

lol wtf. The pic makes it look way more than 1 pound.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12