Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: got a problem need advice.

Default got a problem need advice.

yeah so i just found a new job in jan. my wife told me i could spend $500 on any fishin stuff i want. ive really want a new swimbait set up, but should i spend my cash on a guide service? i know i wont get get this chance again. i guess it comes down to knowledge or toys. i can always use some of my rigs for swimbaits which im new to. or i can go learn more than i already do? what do you think?

i'd get the equipment personally. a decent setup can last you ten years easy if you take care of it. i'm not sure a swimbait setup would be my choice unless you've got the rest of the angles covered and you're tired of going after single digit bass. swimbaits are a low percentage trophy hunting deal. if you have more than three setups and you're still on the shore, i'd look to save for an aluminum skiff and a troll motor rather than another setup, it opens things up a whole lot. guides are cool but for me figuring out the fish is the fun part. i'm not saying i don't look for new info and guides are certainly a great source for local knowledge, but you're money is pretty much gone at the end of the day.

Default $500 is enough to do both if your patient.

I did many internet searches and waited and waited but eventually found a Revo Inshore for $135. About a month later I got an Okuma 7' 11" extra heavy telescoping swimbait rod for $75. Both were new.

That leaves $290. You can get some nice swimbaits for $90 and spring for a half day striper trip to DVL with T/O.
    http://troutonly.net/rates.html

Split a trip with a buddy and you'll save even more.

Great advice fishinone i second and third that.

For less then 200 bucks if you share the guide with a buddy.
    TO will not only guide you to the fish will teach you so you can use the info .

thanks for your input guys i and ill gladly take it.

just go to dvl and follow the guides around. haha. lmao.

get a 400te thats used and a dobyns 807mag. pick up some bbz's and go