Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Duct DD Fix

Default Duct DD Fix

Have not fished weekend and all week and heard that the water has been flowing during the day. Since no work today, I decided to do a little morning session close to home. Went back to my most productive DD pattern of fishing open water. First spot nothing. Second spot nothing. Third spot I get hit soft and set the hook. Immediately it feels strong and larger variety. This is what I crave. A strong running, drag peeling, duct tumbling, twisting and turning DD striper. I am fighting and it does not want to come in. Comes up and I get a look at it and I confirm that it's a good one. Runs and runs and I am now moving with it to keep it in sight. Start to make some progress and does a tail splash on the surface a quarter of the way out and runs again. Drag peeling, arm pumping fun. It does not want to tire. I keep working it and finally gets in and is landed.

I really needed this as I have caught some on a couple of trips to Bako and those 20" skinny, anemic fish just don't compare. AV meaty fish are the cure for the disease, lol.

Conditions were windy with about 25mph and gusts to 30mph+. Cold, cold, cold. Could not tell if water was moving or not because I fished open sections not near any gates or siphons plus the wind was chopping up the water pretty good.

That's a nice fish Z.. Mine was bigger from last night though.. Fought it for 10 mins.. Man it felt good hooking into a DD again.. Ripping line like you wouldn't believe.. Hooked it with no flow at all.. I was freaking so excited until I saw what it was.. Freaking Carp hooked in the back.. LOL At least I got to fight it...

I have accidentally snagged carp over the hill. They are thick in there. Jumping all the time and swimming by. I had 2 huge scales on my hook one time. Any stripers last night? How could the water not be flowing there if it was flowing here? I know. Remember what I told you might be the case?

Nice catch.

That does look like the cure for what ails you.

Nice fish--definitely worth a little wind and cold!

" A strong running, drag peeling, duct tumbling, twisting and turning DD striper. I am fighting and it does not want to come in."
    you said it lol that is why we do it. enjoyed reading your report Nice Pic

nice duct striper yolo.....that thing is a fatty for sure.......keep it up..

That's a Beauty!..... Hardcore!!..... putting up with the cold and wind!......Very Nice Job!

Once again , Bad *** striper Yolo ...

Quote Originally Posted by BrandonFish View Post
    " A strong running, drag peeling, duct tumbling, twisting and turning DD striper. I am fighting and it does not want to come in."
    you said it lol that is why we do it. enjoyed reading your report Nice Pic
    DITTO!!!! yolo you da man on the duct fishing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast