Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: crowley opener 5 day minimum

I know Crowely is a good fishery on the opener , But i know that there are more scenic lakes in the high sierras that have plenty of nice fish with less crowds .They don't charge for a min. five days just my

Sean

May I suggest Green Banks. No $100.00 fee, nice spot to put up tent or RV. No services though, bring some TP!

You still have to pay to fish Green Banks as well...the access road off of benton crossing has a "gate keeper" and you gotta pay to pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post
    You still have to pay to fish Green Banks as well...the access road off of benton crossing has a "gate keeper" and you gotta pay to pass.
    Yes pay to pass but according to the email sent only the "FRONT" part of the lake is a part of the $100.00's per 5 days deal. This makes sense since you would have access to the facilities by the dock, not commenting on the forced 5 day cost though, I think that's extreme should be maybe a 3 day charge of some amount. If they were charging $100.00 for 5 days at the back end where no facilities are present then that would be beyond laughable, and extremely difficult if not impossible to enforce. Read the response from the lake earlier in this thread.
    Last edited by seal; 03-11-2010 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    Yes pay to pass but according to the email sent only the "FRONT" part of the lake is a part of the $100.00's per 5 days deal. This makes sense since you would have access to the facilities by the dock, not commenting on the forced 5 day cost though, I think that's extreme should be maybe a 3 day charge of some amount. If they were charging $100.00 for 5 days at the back end where no facilities are present then that would be beyond laughable, and extremely difficult if not impossible to enforce. Read the response from the lake earlier in this thread.
    I just talked to them yesturday and it's laughable: $50 for 5 days on the back side of the lake.

There you have it.

Yup I guess we do have it now! I keep trying to make sense of it but it just isn't working. Are you going to be able to come in and pay a one day gate fee? If so then are they going to make sure all day use people are gone at night? If they have to check people anyways then why not just have a $10.00 per day entrance/camping fee, eliminate the mandatory 5 day requirement.

Not to get off the original point or anything, but why fish Crowley anyways? There are plenty of places to fish in the Sierras that are BY FAR better than Crowley.

Plenty of places by far better than Crowley????? Can I ask where you think is better than Crowley? If you are fly fishing, stripping streamers out there on Crowley and get blasted by an 18" or better freight train and you go for a ride in a tube I can't think of a better place to fish than Crowley up there. It depends on what you're after I guess, Crowley fish are excellent quality full finned with mostly Holdovers as opposed to the fresh stockers and Alpers planted at the other lakes.

Oh Im sorry, didnt mean to strike a nerve....

Sure, Crowley has quality fish.....along with nasty wind....overcrowded with rude anglers, and probably the ugliest lake in the Sierras. Im sorry but I like my trips to the Sierras to be scenic and serene....not the complete opposite. :D

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast