Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Unibutter..

Quote Originally Posted by Theedanimal
    I have seen the unibutter here at Glenn's in Costa Mesa. It's a little south on Baker from Fairview on your right hand side. According to the guy there the Unibutter is made from Sea Urchin... and if you've ever seen what fish do when a sea urchin is broken open... its madness.. Good luck with whatever you use.

Daniel.
    If there is any natural food (cut squid, anchovy, mussel, worms etc...) where there is fish, usually a feeding frenzy occurs. I saw the promo video on Unigoop and I am not sold. I am sure it works, but for the ridiculous price, I would spend my money on something more useful. By the way, if you need chum, grind up mackerel and sardines and put it in a chum bag and see how the fish react to it.

Uni is best served at the sushi restaurants! It is so good!

Default Re: I call BS on baloneysandwich

Quote Originally Posted by LBSea
    I would like to know where you get you Uni Butter from because I have NEVER seen it cheaper than Hot Sauce! Let me start by pointing out that Uni Butter is sold in a 2oz bottle for approx $10.00 each while Hot Sauce is sold in a 5oz bottle for approx $10.00 each. In fact, I just bought a new bottle of Hot Sauce and it was priced $9.98 w/tax. On my calculator that equals $5.00/oz for Uni Butter and $2.00/oz Hot Sauce.
    Over a year ago I bought Uni Goop online and was encouraged to post any good news I had about this product. I used it to chum bait and although it worked I was not overly impressed. I was even sent twice as much as I ordered which was nice until I noticed the added freight charge an extra 1 gallon bucket. My point is that this company is very strong on internet testimonials and in my opinion is its more hype started by the owners more than anything else. They seem to post reports weekly of 100 fish days in SD Bay using this product. I am sure every bit of that is true. I also remember a guide by the name of Mike Gardener doing the same thing in Newport Harbor using JUST plastics. OHHH imagine that.

I can do just as well given the same locations, baits, gear, boat, etc... using Hot Sauce! Save your money and buy more gear.

Doug
    $10 for 2ozs? Considering this product needs constant reapplications, I don't it is worth it. Like I said before, Smelly Jelly!

By the way, I have used Yum's LPT and completely sold on it! The stuff definitely helps catch fish.

SMelly jelly all the way ive used it alot and it seem to works good

yea smelly jelly bass feast works great...but the smell really kills me too

Quote Originally Posted by halijedi
    Uni is best served at the sushi restaurants! It is so good!
    Jedi, you are correct, sir.

I like Smelly Jelly and Hot Sauce. I haven't had the opportunity to evaluate the UniGoop. Maybe next week.

O_L

This stuff works. I've fished with it since it came out. My buddy and I once fished side by side, him with hot sauce and me with the butter. I came out with 15 fish and he came out with the skunk. We were both throwing the same setup (bait, line size, rigged). Last night we went back out fishing. Him not using any scent and me again with the butter. I got another ~15 fish night while he got about 1/2 dozen.

I got mine at Glenn's for 7 for a bottle

Default Uni

Fish4Keep,
    Your test only convinces me that you are a better fisherman than your friend or your friend can't fish.

I'm willing to do a Smelly Jelly vs Unibutter exp. in Newport Bay....

Would be interesting to see the results...

Quote Originally Posted by sullyfish
    I'm willing to do a Smelly Jelly vs Unibutter exp. in Newport Bay....

Would be interesting to see the results...
    Hey sully fish I will help you out on that if you want!!! I will pick up some unibutter and you use the smelly jelly.....we can tube newport side by side and see what attractant works better!!!!

sonarbp

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast