Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Unibutter..

Thanks Tony,

I knew you can order it but I am like the spoiled little kid who has to have it right NOW!!!!!!! I DON"T WANT TO WAIT!!!!!! I WANT IT NOW!!!!!!! j/k

I might have to order it.....or maybe it is a good excuse for me to make a trip to SD!!!! Maybe do a little fishing in Mission Bay!!!!

Thats is what I might do!!!!

Thanks again Tony.

sonarbp

Quote Originally Posted by sonarbp
    Thanks Tony,

I knew you can order it but I am like the spoiled little kid who has to have it right NOW!!!!!!! I DON"T WANT TO WAIT!!!!!! I WANT IT NOW!!!!!!! j/k

I might have to order it.....or maybe it is a good excuse for me to make a trip to SD!!!! Maybe do a little fishing in Mission Bay!!!!

Thats is what I might do!!!!

Thanks again Tony.

sonarbp
    Brain,

I know they also have it at the OEX kayak shop on PCH at Huntington Harbor.

Never been to the OEX shop.....wifey said I could get a yak if I stop the smoking!!! maybe I should take her down there to look at yaks and pick up a few jars of it!!!

Thanks for the info Tony!!

I am hoping to make it to the Irvine event in August....think I might tube if I can make it. Got to get to one of the events to meet all the people from the board.

Brian

i got some unibutter at sav-on tackle down in santa fe springs. that was about a month ago though.

Thanks b20monster,

I will have to check that out.....Savon-tackle is right down the fwy from my work!!!! I pass it everyday.

sonarbp

Performance Tackle has some butter

ps - Smelly Jelly is all is use...

smelly jelly all the way,........and they really do last all year! :D
    gonna try the butter though, I've heard nothing but positive stuff about it......

They have smelly jelly at Angler's Center off the 55 if you need some. When I went they didn't have the largest selection. I picked up anchovy something or another. Haven't gotten the chance to really use it though as I haven't been out in a super long time. I did give it a try right after getting it but didn't catch anything that time.

Default I call BS on baloneysandwich

I would like to know where you get you Uni Butter from because I have NEVER seen it cheaper than Hot Sauce! Let me start by pointing out that Uni Butter is sold in a 2oz bottle for approx $10.00 each while Hot Sauce is sold in a 5oz bottle for approx $10.00 each. In fact, I just bought a new bottle of Hot Sauce and it was priced $9.98 w/tax. On my calculator that equals $5.00/oz for Uni Butter and $2.00/oz Hot Sauce.
    Over a year ago I bought Uni Goop online and was encouraged to post any good news I had about this product. I used it to chum bait and although it worked I was not overly impressed. I was even sent twice as much as I ordered which was nice until I noticed the added freight charge an extra 1 gallon bucket. My point is that this company is very strong on internet testimonials and in my opinion is its more hype started by the owners more than anything else. They seem to post reports weekly of 100 fish days in SD Bay using this product. I am sure every bit of that is true. I also remember a guide by the name of Mike Gardener doing the same thing in Newport Harbor using JUST plastics. OHHH imagine that.

I can do just as well given the same locations, baits, gear, boat, etc... using Hot Sauce! Save your money and buy more gear.

Doug

I have seen the unibutter here at Glenn's in Costa Mesa. It's a little south on Baker from Fairview on your right hand side. According to the guy there the Unibutter is made from Sea Urchin... and if you've ever seen what fish do when a sea urchin is broken open... its madness.. Good luck with whatever you use.

Daniel.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast