Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Unibutter..

Default Unibutter..

I recently picked up some Unibutter and have had some good luck down at NPH. Its about $3-4 cheaper than hotsauce and seams to yield great results. The only problem i have found with the stuff is it makes unhooking the fish difficult as they swallow the plastic to the *******. Went down tonight and nailed a nice little spotty on the first cast.

Ill try and remember the camera next time so I can post some pics.

Well just thought I would share the tip, good fishing to you all.

Lakewood / Long Beach, CA (originally from NJ)

Yeah
    I've tried both Unibutter and Hot Sauce. I like the Unibutter better. It has a buttery thick consistency and seems to stay on the plastics much better than the hot sauce. The hot sauce is just that a sauce, it seems watery or oily compared to Unibutter. As a result every few casts requires a re-coat due to I guess the water pressure pulling the coat off. Unibutter seems to be much better

mg2969
    MikeG

Weird: I just put that in my tacklebox for use tomorrow morning!!!!!!

SMELLY JELLY! A tiny jar will last all year. Very thick, specie(s) specific, a lot cheaper than other scents and proven in both salt and freshwater by the pros, and it doesn't smell like Alpo dog food. :lol:

Its easy to carry to......... tiny jar.......

Quote Originally Posted by halijedi
    SMELLY JELLY! A tiny jar will last all year. Very thick, specie(s) specific, a lot cheaper than other scents and proven in both salt and freshwater by the pros, and it doesn't smell like Alpo dog food. :lol:
    I just saw that for the first time the other day and thought I should pick some up...just wasn't sure which one to get. Which scent/flavor do you prefer?

baloneysandwich,

Where did you find the unibutter? I have only seen it in the San Diego area where it is made!!!!

sonarbp

Quote Originally Posted by KaliDawgFan
    I just saw that for the first time the other day and thought I should pick some up...just wasn't sure which one to get. Which scent/flavor do you prefer?
    Oddly enough, for saltwater, I use "Bass Feast" religiously. This stuff works on everything. The saltwater specific scents are great as well, but personally, I have a lot of confidence in "Bass Feast."

For largemouths at the Lagoon, I have been smacking them silly on "Bass Hammer" and "Craw Anise."

Quote Originally Posted by sonarbp
    baloneysandwich,

Where did you find the unibutter? I have only seen it in the San Diego area where it is made!!!!

sonarbp
    Brian,

You can get it directly from them.

http://www.unigoop.com/

Oddly enough, for saltwater, I use "Bass Feast" religiously. This stuff works on everything. The saltwater specific scents are great as well, but personally, I have a lot of confidence in "Bass Feast."

For largemouths at the Lagoon, I have been smacking them silly on "Bass Hammer" and "Craw Anise."
    Thanks halijedi for that bit of info....I might have to pick some up for when I tube in Newport!!!!! :thumb:

sonarbp

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast