Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Swimbait setup for striper

Quote Originally Posted by bstolton View Post
    looks like I may have a hookup on a barely used phenix swimbait rod with a calcutta reel for the same price as the okuma and cardiff. the rod is a few years old, does anyone know if the earlier phenix swimbait rods are anygood.

Thanks Bill
    Awesome. That is cool that you are getting a Calcutta for a cheap price. I have no experience with the Phenix swimbait rod or other rods made by them. They are too expensive for me, lol. bsp is sponsored by them, so he should be able to tell you about them..

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Ball View Post
    Awesome. That is cool that you are getting a Calcutta for a cheap price. I have no experience with the Phenix swimbait rod or other rods made by them. They are too expensive for me, lol. bsp is sponsored by them, so he should be able to tell you about them..
    I've got no experience with the older rods, but I do know they used G.Loomis and Shikari blanks depending on how old they are. Both of those are good blanks. I'd say go for it since you can always pay an upgrade fee to get one of the new rods later. It's definitely a better quality set up than the Cardiff/Okuma. If you wanted more information, check out the model number and call Phenix.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123