Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Still looking to best use the Innkeeper

Hey Jaysuuun,

I'm gonna hit up Newport Harbor on Saturday to give these things a try. Will you and Tess be fishing on that day. We can keep a lookout for you. I'll be with my 11 year old daughter. She loves reading your posts on spotties.

I have fished them for many years and your posts remind me of the days when I used to float around in a truck tire inner tube (this was literally before they invented float tubes for fishing) and get pulled around by big spotties in there.

I'm used to working the plastics and hope that I can find the right spot (and patience) to catch something on these baits.

Hey good luck with those ! Hope to see an awesome report saturday evening/sunday with the worms being a success!
    Nice boat set up too.
    Right now I'm waitin for my first batch of big hammer swimbaits to come on ups today. So hopefully I can get out to nph or alamitos bay to test them out. Maybe ill see ya out there

Tight lines

Quote Originally Posted by bones View Post
    OK...I'm game......I guess I've seen one "Tosh O" show too many.......

Are ya dredging in Thailand by the sex change hospital waste outlet?

Those things are N A S T Y
    That was so funny...Damn nasty looking things indeed. Nice one bones

Try a size 4 or 2 baitholder hook on an 18 in. leader of 6 to 12 lb line & a 3/4 oz egg sinker. Don't pin the innkeeper directly on the hook, instead take a rubber band &wrap it tite around the center of the worm, then put the hook thru the rubber band. if you try to put the hook into the innkeeper worm it will pop like a water balloon leaving you with nothing but an empty dead skin (which do catch fish , but not nearly as good as alive rubber band rigged bait). Good luck & tite lines!

Thanks for the tip Joe. I still haven't had any success with them. I put an Innkeeper out and the other rods with the ghost shrimp and/or blood worms still get all of the fish.

i have yet to see an innkeeper "pop" as you describe..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12