Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hit up the beach today for a halibut slay

Default Hit up the beach today for a halibut slay

my girl had work today so after i dropped her off i was in the area for a few hours so i headed down to the sandy beach to fish for the halibut. i arrived to an incoming tide and slight wind with white caps off the coast. i fished the first spot for a while with no bites then decided to get some drive thru lunch and give it a try again. i pulled up to my third spot and sat in my truck to eat my lunch and scan the coast for a bit to find my final fishing spot of the day. As im eating i look out the window and see two guys fully geared up walking the surf and i say to myself.....is that Wingnut... cuz i remember what his surf gear looked like and i saw his 9' carrot stick a mile away...lol so i get out my truck and ask...is that wingnut?? and the other guy responds....no its .." "...i dont remember the name he said but i guess it was funny to them...so we meet and introduce ourselves....it was the halibut legends themselves "Bones and Wingnut"...boy was i excited.. so we talk and chat it up a bit..me and bones were talking bout a spot that we both like and fish offen and me being a rookie butt slayer i was asking lots of questions and showing them what i was using to see if i was on point....i told them that i had not bought a L.C yet because i was scared to lose it and it was expensive..not a minute after saying that Wingnut opens his pack and hands me a brand new limited edition L.C and says here you go....i was in shock and could only raise my hand and thank him... now my tackle pack was complete and i felt just having it in my pack already increased my odds of catching a legal halibut this year...but that wasnt it....after talking with bones about drop shotting i showed bones and wingnut my plastics and asking questions about them.. wingnut then opens his plastic pack and hands me a big hammer swimbait already rigged and says try this color.. i could not thank him enuff..."thanks again Wingnut" so we continued to talk and i continued to pick there brains a bit an after a while they were off to go eat and i was off to fish the last halfhour before i had to pick up my girl.
    I didnt end up catching anything because the conditions were wrong for the time i was there but i did meet some new friends, learn more about the spots we fish and got a lucky wingnut edition L.C... now im scared to lose it even more because it was givin to me my MR L.C him self....its probably worth some money....j/k....actually...the girlfriend has the couch and the L.C is sleeping with me..hahahahahaha.....j/k....im gunna scrape all the paint off with the teeth from all the halibuts i catch with it and as i release them im going to whisper thanks wingnut.....
    It was a pleasure to meet you Bones and Wingnut.....hopefully i will see you guys again and we can fish together soon..........Fishbones

You're very welcome... pay it forward.

Great to meet and chat with you today... nice truck, you should post up a pic of it. Love those tires, I should put a set on the Rover.

Hey, I just noticed your "location". We live in the same place.

Since I didn't do well enough to have my own report, I'll use yours to spread this week's message.
    This is my bumper sticker.

Last edited by Wingnut; 03-07-2010 at 09:23 PM. Reason: Adding text & pic.

fishbones,

Some Legends are remembered for what they acheive!

True Legends are remenbered for what they achieve and the fact that they are willing to share and help others who might well become legends in the future!

I would say that your day was far from a SKUNK! You happened to be at a spot and have some situational awareness and spot them in the surf, you have 2 new friends, a new Very Limited Edition LC, BH Swimmy, and I sure they overloaded you brain with knowledge!!!!

Better think twice about where the GF sleeps tonight or you may never get to try the LC in the near future!!!!

Look forward to a nice Flattie hanging from that LC!!!!

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Wingnut View Post
    You're very welcome... pay it forward.

Great to meet and chat with you today... nice truck, you should post up a pic of it.
    Love those tires, I should put a set on the Rover.

Hey, I just noticed your "location". We live in the same place.
    pay it foward i will.....x10 for sure...

theres a pic of it on the thread" who drives a silver chevy with a team 57 sticker on it"..
    .but i will post here too.....i can get you a set for the rover.....

yeah...earth is my home for now....but i plan to travel.....lol
    Last edited by Fishbones; 03-07-2010 at 08:57 PM.

Was it "Yuri Sputnik: that bones yelled when you asked if it was Wingnut!

Quote Originally Posted by flyngby View Post
    fishbones,

Some Legends are remembered for what they acheive!

True Legends are remembered for what they achieve and the fact that they are willing to share and help others who might well become legends in the future!

I would say that your day was far from a SKUNK! You happened to be at a spot and have some situational awareness and spot them in the surf, you have 2 new friends, a new Very Limited Edition LC, BH Swimmy, and I sure they overloaded you brain with knowledge!!!!

Better think twice about where the GF sleeps tonight or you may never get to try the LC in the near future!!!!

Look forward to a nice Flattie hanging from that LC!!!!

Steve
    i couldnt have said it better than that steve...they are truly legends...

yeah the day was great but fishing sucked, got 2 new friends and a brain full of information that wont let me sleep for a week....lol

i thought about it....the L.C went back in the pack.....lol

i hope theres many flatties hanging from it in the near future....

Alex.........aka.......fishbones

conditions are not good indeed! I fished the LB area for two hours prior to attending the Fred Hall show, and nothing wanted to come out and play. No baitfish, poor water clarity, lots of floating debris. I expect it to be like this at least for another week or two as the water goes through its algae bloom from all the nutrient run-off from strom drains.

you seem like one heck of a dedicated angler, (salt or fresh) i'm sure we'll be seeing more of your productive reports from the surf soon. But in the mean time, if you do decide to make some money off the limited edition Wingnut L.C., please PM me the Ebay link! LOL. just kidding Arthur!

Thanks for the report fishbones!

Fishbones, SWAT Captain Flyngby is right. You scored today dude even without any fish. I've had the pleasure of fishing with both Bones and Wingnut, a wealth of knowledge between the two SWAT top brass. I have several Wingnut's limited edition LC's too, they're like trading cards, If i were you, i wouldn't even throw them in the surf.
    One bit of advice, if you ever see Yuri Sputnik in the surf, RUN!!!

Good bit of advice from Blackwater on that Yuri Sputnik tip. Not sure if Bones mentioned this to you but Yuri likes to fish naked so please be careful out there. Luck was definitely on your side today. Fishing with Bones and Wingnut is truly a privilege. As mention by Blackwater they have a wealth of fish fishing knowledge that very few Anglers will ever know. They are generous with their knowledge and always willing to help others. That limited edition LC is a weapon of mass destruction. You can show case it but if I were you I would use it to catch a lot of fish.

Jerryg

Hey guys what's an LC look like anyway?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast