Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do I need a life jacket for a float tube

Default Do I need a life jacket for a float tube

Just got my first tube. Hoping to take it out to some local back bays. Will I get tickets if I do not have a life jacket? I have heard mixed things but some people are saying that not only do I need one but that I have to be wearing it and not just dragging it around.

Thanks for any info that someone may have.

Quote Originally Posted by jsfre View Post
    Just got my first tube. Hoping to take it out to some local back bays. Will I get tickets if I do not have a life jacket? I have heard mixed things but some people are saying that not only do I need one but that I have to be wearing it and not just dragging it around.

Thanks for any info that someone may have.
    you need a life jacket you dont have to have it on but you need it on the tube also you gonna need a whistle so you can make sure boaters know you there.

You don't have to wear it all the time, but I do. Just make sure you have one with you. Even if it wasn't required, you should still want one with you.

when i got my kayak i had the same question. i just bought a cheap one at walmart and wear it all the time. i dont see the point if i go down what the point of having it if its not on. its not like were on big crafts

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Ball View Post
    You don't have to wear it all the time, but I do. Just make sure you have one with you. Even if it wasn't required, you should still want one with you.
    CJ you should check out the California Kayak Friends, I got mixed up with these people after I bought my first kayak. Dea some epic sailors. good folks. teach you the ropes.

What kind of music you listen to?

Quote Originally Posted by cjmedina View Post
    when i got my kayak i had the same question. i just bought a cheap one at walmart and wear it all the time. i dont see the point if i go down what the point of having it if its not on. its not like were on big crafts
    sorr jsfre

call it a party foul. yeah you need a lifejacket

Quote Originally Posted by yakker View Post
    CJ you should check out the California Kayak Friends, I got mixed up with these people after I bought my first kayak. Dea some epic sailors. good folks. teach you the ropes.

What kind of music you listen to?
    Did you quote me for an particular reason or just on accident?

You should buy one like this, it has pockets which is always good:

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/st..._SearchResults

Don't forget the 12" x 12" orange square.

An inflatable life jacket is an excellent way to go. When you're wearing it, you won't even know it's there. If you need it, you just pull a rip cord and it inflates. I got mine at West Marine on sale years ago. I've never had to use it and I wouldn't be out there without it, and yes, the law requires you to have one on board.

Yes wear a lifejacket get a manual inflatable you'll be glad you did so you don't have to get it on you while your going down God Forbid that ever happens but if it does you'll be glad you have it on.

Fastfish

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast