Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: 03-03-10 Lagoon tube by day shore by night.

Default 03-03-10 Lagoon tube by day shore by night.

Took my tube out around 7am yesterday morning. Got out to the lake geared up with duel drop shots and started working the deeper water. Launched out of paradise cove, and worked towards tree point. Nothing going on there right now so i keep on moving north. As I'm getting to the swim beach i notice my damn tube is leaking air. DAMN! I thought i fixed that problem!

Well it was a really slow leak so i slowly kicked back switching one pole to a brown and red football jig with craw fish. Sucked because i wanted to work more shoreline on the beach side and then flip over to the east shore for a bit too. Oh well. I go to the rocks in paradise cove and then slowly work my way back to where my car was. When i get to the beach i toss out both poles and work the jig in and call the d/s as last cast and sure enough on that last cast with the oxblood d/s robo. Small fish but i took a few pics.

I left the lake around 11am.

Got back to the lake with my buddy around 9:30pm and the rain had stopped and the wind was dieing down. Fished at the point below the 2nd campground. I was getting hit like crazy there but for some reason i could not connect on any fish. I got one that took the hook but then jumped and spit the robo back at me. I got slammed 6 times and couldn't manage one damn bass. I felt like a rookie again grrrrr. Oh well we called it a night around 1:30am.

long day with only one fish to show for it. Oh well. Now i gotta fix the other small hole in my tube before the event on the 20th.

Hey Ray. Some fish are better than no fish Sorry to hear about the hole in the tube. I'm new to tubing and haven't even had a chance to take mine out. Do they take in water? Sorry for the dumb question. I'm a newbie and I bought it preowned. Thanks for sharing.
    Last edited by Bass Attack; 03-04-2010 at 11:57 AM.

Ray, me and Robo Bass went to the Lagoon last night and I only planned on fishing for bluegill and that was it. It was pretty bad fishing in the rain, especially in shorts and a sweatshirt, lol. We didn't stay too long. I saw a NICE 5 lber swimming around in the shallows, but only Robo Bass had his bass gear with him and it look at his drop shot and passed it by, haha. I might be going tonight again, but with bass gear too. What color and size Roboworm do you think I should get for tonight? I was thinking 7" Aaron's Magic for nighttime? That sucks that your tube started leaking again!!
    Last edited by Fire Ball; 03-04-2010 at 04:17 PM.

Cant sweat the slow days bro,,,,,,,you have been on FIRE lately at the goon,,,,,,,,,,,,Hope to see you again at the next STRIPERFEST.
    PS,,,Here,s my plans for the S/F,,,,,,,,,,Fish all day for stripers,,,go get my trophy for heaviest stringer<AGAIN<<<<<<<<-------------------,

Then sneak off to the goon with the MASTER and let him teach me the art of catching DD LMB,s.

nice report ray....glad you got the skunk off....you should name your tube the S.S Minnow...lol

i wanna hit it up real soon....got the goon bug in me....lol

Any fish looks small next to you Ray lol
    Hey every fish counts .

Newfishsmell (aka) Fishtale
    Last edited by Newfishsmell; 03-05-2010 at 01:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bass Attack View Post
    Hey Ray. Some fish are better than no fish Sorry to hear about the hole in the tube. I'm new to tubing and haven't even had a chance to take mine out. Do they take in water? Sorry for the dumb question. I'm a newbie and I bought it preowned. Thanks for sharing.
    the tube itself did not take on any water due to the air pushing out. But I'm sure a wider hole would take on some water. I've been lucky and both holes I've had are on the top of the main seam so they stay dry.

Quote Originally Posted by trail blazer View Post
    Cant sweat the slow days bro,,,,,,,you have been on FIRE lately at the goon,,,,,,,,,,,,Hope to see you again at the next STRIPERFEST.
    PS,,,Here,s my plans for the S/F,,,,,,,,,,Fish all day for stripers,,,go get my trophy for heaviest stringer<AGAIN<<<<<<<<-------------------,

Then sneak off to the goon with the MASTER and let him teach me the art of catching DD LMB,s.
    word bro yea man we will mos def do a night time slay that night. I promised you guys last year i would do this so i gotta stay true to my word. But i think i might have to take that trophy away from you this time around. I hope there are no hard feelings bwhahahaaaa. J/k dude would be cool to watch you take away the gold 2 times on a row.

Quote Originally Posted by Newfishsmell View Post
    Any fish looks small next to you Ray lol
    Hey every fish counts .

Newfishsmell (aka) Fishtale
    Aign't that the truth lol