Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Howdy Boys.....Wanna Go on a Free Trip?

Default Howdy Boys.....Wanna Go on a Free Trip?

Hiya,

This is Lia from Newport Landing inviting you guys to come fishing on our rockfish trips. I have been with the company 3 years and have probably met some of you. Now I would like to make it more personal by getting you guys interested in our trips. Newport Landing has the Amigo scheduled to go out every night this month to San Clemente targeting rockfish and White Sea Bass. Prices are $140 on the weekends and $130 during the week. Here is a link to our open party overnight schedule http://www.newportlanding.com/aggressorschedule.htm . If you join our email club you will receive $10 off these trips. If those trips seem too long for some of you, come out on our 1/2 days from 9-3 during the week for some good fishing, too. Captain John on the Patriot says the water is warming up and there have been rumors of bigger fish such as bonito, barracuda, and yellowtail already heading our way. I thought it would be fun to invite a couple of you out for some fishing for free on Thursday (March 4) on the 1/2 day aboard the Patriot. Plan on fishing rockfish for part of the day and then fishing shallower for some sand bass and sheephead. Be one of the first two fishermen to respond to this post and you'll come aboard as my guest. Also I would love feedback on what you would like to see Newport Landing offering in the way of trips for this upcoming season. Limited load, trip length, targeting species, etc....
    I look forward to getting to know more of you gentlemen and women.

Lia Mendoza
    949-675-0551
    Lia@NewportLanding.com

I'd love to go!

i want in please

im in for sure....or not..

Dang it EyeAmRealGhetto beat me to it....geez...

hope they have room for one more...."praying to the fish gods" now.....lol
    Last edited by Fishbones; 03-02-2010 at 07:22 PM.

i think limited loads with targeted species would bring out more anglers on those trips.
    my opinion is that some people are not able to fish for a certain species half the day and then switch over to another type of species the other half of the day and sometimes find it hard to cross over during these trips either because of experience with the targeted species or they are limited in equipment and when you have a trip that changes the specific type of fishing through out the day it leaves them kinda frustrated and even lowers there chances of catching fish and affects there experience on the boat over all.
    I understand that sometimes these multi species trips must be made because the bass bite is in the morning and the sculpin bite in the afternoon and it only makes sense to target these fish when they are biting but when you plan to fish for a specific species and the captian says wind them up....were goin to fish deep water and you are not prepaired to fish there it kinda leaves them feeling stuck and usually end up not catching fish on these trips.

me!! too please! i need to catch some fish. been skunking way too long =(

Quote Originally Posted by fishbones View Post
    i think limited loads with targeted species would bring out more anglers on those trips.
    my opinion is that some people are not able to fish for a certain species half the day and then switch over to another type of species the other half of the day and sometimes find it hard to cross over during these trips either because of experience with the targeted species or they are limited in equipment and when you have a trip that changes the specific type of fishing through out the day it leaves them kinda frustrated and even lowers there chances of catching fish and affects there experience on the boat over all.
    I understand that sometimes these multi species trips must be made because the bass bite is in the morning and the sculpin bite in the afternoon and it only makes sense to target these fish when they are biting but when you plan to fish for a specific species and the captian says wind them up....were goin to fish deep water and you are not prepaired to fish there it kinda leaves them feeling stuck and usually end up not catching fish on these trips.
    Do you really believe all that stuff you just typed???

Quote Originally Posted by sansou View Post
    Do you really believe all that stuff you just typed???
    yup...because before i became a experienced angler, i was one of those people

think about it....if you wernt as experienced or equipped as we are now and this situation happened...wouldnt you feel like your odds of catching fish would decrease because A. you didnt have the gear or B. you didnt have the experience.
    makes sense to me.....and i worked on a fishing boat for 3+ years and seen it happen through out my time on the water with thousands of anglers......

I dont know how else to respond to you sansou with out feeling you attacked my post or think this is a joke..

PM me if anything else comes to your head please......fishbones

Nice gesture for some free fishing for FNN members, hoping to get in on some salt action this summer with my daughter when things heat up a bit.

TD

got you by 1 minute alex lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast