Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Brand New Reel Got Dunked and is Now Binding Up

Default Brand New Reel Got Dunked and is Now Binding Up

Hey FNN,

I just got a new Tiny Deadbolt, took it out on the tube and it got dunked. After it got submerged, the reel started to feel like it is binding up, and it is very hard to turn the handle. I have another Tiny Deadbolt that has ben dunked several times, and I have never had this probelm. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Wes
    Poxy Boggards

I hate when I dunk my reels! I would just take it apart and clean it out and relube it and make sure it is dry inside. If it still isn't working well, send it in.

my shakspear aglity reels do this also. just take it apart dry it out and re-lube it. but on the other hand since you just bought it i would return it if its close enough.

Ib took a reel apart one time to clean it . I got the Q tip stuck onto a spring and I pulled on it and it came off. I had been drinking a few beers . Anyway , that was it for that reel. I never took a reel apart again.

that sucks! I've dunked my daiwa advantage a lot but it's help up real well..... I guess you just gotta open it up again, clean it and dry it all off.... then just regrease and re-lube everything...