Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Castaic Tackle is selling everthing at cost starting Sat March 5th

I also have 6 shad nets 3 Arc,and 3 promar.I'll sell the Arc for $200 AND the Promar for $135.By the way did everybody hear ?Castaic is on the list for trout plants next week.SWEET!

Quote Originally Posted by merkopac View Post
    I also have 6 shad nets 3 Arc,and 3 promar.I'll sell the Arc for $200 AND the Promar for $135.By the way did everybody hear ?Castaic is on the list for trout plants next week.SWEET!
    AWESOME! But the Lagoon still isn't getting trout!
    I am going to stop by tomorrow and pick up a couple things, if there are some nice deals.

I read an article from a couple weeks ago and here is what it says about the Lagoon:

"Lake Cachuma, Lake Casitas, Lake Piru, Castaic Lagoon, Piru Creek, Bouquet Canyon Creek and all the forks of the San Gabriel River drain directly into historic steelhead drainages and will not be planted in the near future.

Maxwell said a possible solution for all of these waters may be for the Department to plant triploid hatchery rainbow trout. These altered fish are sterile and could not breed with the native steelhead. The DFG has only a small supply of triploids in its hatchery system at this time, but if these fish are approved for use in these waters, the state could ramp up its production and plants could resume as early as next winter.

However, approval of triploids by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service isn't a sure thing, and private groups could also sue the state over the use of triploids."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12