Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Soggy fishin at Castaic on Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by erik View Post
    Even though it may appear that the stripers are feeding, this time of year (with no trout plants), it's more likely they are thinking about mating. The stripers are already beginning their mating ritual.
    I've seen 'em breach, jumping out of the water like a whale. I think it's a showing off thing, to get a better mate.
    All I know for sure is when I first started fishing/guiding for stripers in the late 80's,
    I looked forward to some day figuring out the stripers when I got older. . . . .
    Well I figured them out! . . . . You can't always figure them out.
    P.S.,
    I'm pretty well known as a Trophy Bass & Striper fisherman,
    (not to mention my shad making ability) & one of the very few REAL guides left.
    I've caught dozens of stripers over 40lbs,
    & I've caught & guided clients to hundreds of bass over 10lbs.
    I don't know why I'm writing in here, I think giving away all your fishing spots, & secrets is foolish.
    Guide Erik Stepanek
    Thanks for the insight Eric.

Do you think that those striper showing off will hit lures if they're in range?

I share information on schoolie striper because I want people to catch them, so that they will enjoy catching fish and so that the striper will be thinned out.

2. Default

yes, sometimes you can coax 'em into hitting when they are near the surface ''f-ing around''.

P.S.,
    although the fishing after this last plant was slow . . .
    we had 1 huge striper hooked on ''the wood''.
    It was AT LEAST in the 30lb class.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12