Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Great day at the lagoon with some friends

Default Great day at the lagoon with some friends

Headed up to the lagoon after dropping my girl off at work today for a shot.
    i got there around 12:30pm and there was a slight drizzle...aw no big deal i said...
    fish should bite...weather looks perfect. I pulled up stepped out and took a big fresh
    breath of clean air unloaded my geared and started my mission.

I walked down to "Fishbones point"...hahahaha FireBall...j/k and set up my gear...
    D.S ox blood and a rainbow hudd. I worked the D.S fast and slow i twitched it and
    i dead sticked it with no luck...so i started launching the hudd and slow rolling it
    and fishing it deep with no luck either

I started to fish and the weather got bad quick. I ended up grabbing a empty clear trash
    bag from the green cans and made a rain coat for the day....it worked and i was dry.
    it went from sunny skys to a straight down poor about 5 times back and forth
    rain, sun, rain, sun. through out the day...but me being a fishing psycho and also have
    worked on a sport boat wasnt affected by the weather just the crappy fishing...

.i got 0 bites...and i tried everything but the bass didnt wanna bite today for me and a
    couple other anglers got the skunk....ouch! At one point in the day these two
    male ducks (partners) that ive seen before come cruising up all friendly and so i hooked
    them up a little bread that i had left over. They chilled with me and i made new friends for
    the day, at one point another male duck came swimming up and the two other males
    jumped him and chased him away....Nice personal security...lol

Later on in the day i met McFingers and he said he got a few for the day it was good to
    hear of some fish caught...there was hope...lol we talked for a bit and he was on his way
    great to meet you McFingers...see you soon...lol the rain continued for a bit in and out
    and then the clouds parted and the sun shinned for the rest of the evening.
    Usually around dusk every time ive been there i see a little muskrat that swims around,
    today he swam by into the bushes and chewed off a big ol branch and swam by me
    with it...it was so cool to see this little guy on his daily dutys, i fished it hard the last hour
    and continued wearing the skunk hat and ended up calling it a day at 6:30pm....
    another day another piggie...........fishbones

I also had a great pic of the little muskrat that swims around at dusk...but my stupid
    computer didnt copy it and i deleted it ....argh....next time my furry little friend

No one can get any good pictures of the Lagoon creature or if they do, they disappear! LOL! Were you hand feeding those ducks? They didn't bite your fingers off?
    Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Quote Originally Posted by fishbones View Post
    At one point in the day these two male ducks (partners)
    HAHA Life partners maybe???

Yeah ...hand feed them ducks...it doesnt hurt a bit...it kinds tickles actually
    You didnt comment on "Fishbones point"....aka FireBalls secret spot...lol
    It was a good pic too....real zoomed in...you could see his fur and tail, eyes..
    it was a perfect pic....stupid computer...
    heres the best pic i have of him for now till next time

Quote Originally Posted by Astrolux View Post
    HAHA Life partners maybe???
    Yup...so ive been told....hahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by fishbones View Post
    Yeah ...hand feed them ducks...it doesnt hurt a bit...it kinds tickles actually
    You didnt comment on "Fishbones point"....aka FireBalls secret spot...lol
    It was a good pic too....real zoomed in...you could see his fur and tail, eyes..
    it was a perfect pic....stupid computer...
    heres the best pic i have of him for now till next time
    Lol, my secret spot isn't a point, so I guess you weren't fishing it, haha. That is still a good spot though.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Ball View Post
    Lol, my secret spot isn't a point, so I guess you weren't fishing it, haha. That is still a good spot though.
    check your PM....

the skunk happeneds man good job sticking it out tho man, when you told me you were ou there i was all "damn this dude is crazy haha", but then i thought about it and if i wasn't busy doing drywall repairs at my cousins new casa i would've been right there with ya lol. As a matter of fact i'm on my way to the lake right now to slay till 7:30ish this morning.

GREAT report f/b,,,,,,,,,,,,,,LOVE fishing in the rain,,,,,MEMORIES,,LOL

I was at the same spot, only 4 hours earlier.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast