Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Equipment Recommentdation: Easy2Hook. Superb hooks, speed and line strength retentio

Default Equipment Recommendation: Easy2Hook. Superb hooks, speed and line strength retentio

I posted at another post on knots and thought I'd post this here.

When I first saw the Easy2Hook knotless hooks, I thought they must be gimmick. I did not think the line would hold, and that the hooks would be lousy. Then I got some for UL trout and tried them. I'd be darned - they worked fabulously.

Here are the pros:
    1. Retains almost 100% of line strength. This is the TOP reason why I like these hooks with UL 2 lb test. The speed of tie is a bonus.
    2. I can tie in 5-10 seconds easy. No kidding. This is huge if the bite is hot and one is using 2lb test. Retying with traditional knot slows one down. With this, one can retie in seconds after every hook-up.
    3. The line does NOT slip.
    4. Line can be easily removed from the hook without having to cut anything if you want to change hook size.
    5. Hook shape is GREAT. All the advantages of 1-4 would mean nothing if the hooks are lousy.

The only drawback I know is that these do not tie well for drop shot type rigging. All other rigs have worked for me.

HIGHLY recommended. I'm not affiliated with them but my understanding is that they will have a booth at Fred Hall show.

I use these for UL:
    http://www.outdoorspecialtyinnovatio...gap-bait.html/

UL
    Last edited by Ultralight; 02-26-2010 at 10:54 PM.

They look pretty crazy. I might have to try them out, but too bad they don't work well for drop shotting.

I just bought 6, 8, 10's ... hope it's as easy to tie as it looks.

Thanks

my buddy had these sent to his house for a field review.... absolute trash he said. is it really that hard to tie an improved clinch? only takes me about 5-10 seconds. and i can do it in the dark lol.

Vanillagurilla,

Wow, that is strong words. I will note that they have some hook shapes that I really did not care for. But they have a shape that has a couple sharper angle (not sure how to describe it)

What is it about the hooks that made it 'absolute trash'? I've not had problems with them but it is always possible that there are factors I've not looked at.

UL

R

My knots for trout only take 5-10 seconds anyways Moses. You can't beat Owner Mosquito's, especially for the price.

Quote Originally Posted by vanillagurilla View Post
    my buddy had these sent to his house for a field review.... absolute trash he said. is it really that hard to tie an improved clinch? only takes me about 5-10 seconds. and i can do it in the dark lol.
    trash ?? I have used them for the pasted 6 months with no problems. Now I know they my not be for everyone , some still like tying knots and that fine. I don't think they are trying to do away with regular hooks they are giving people the option.I highly reccomend them. I think absolute trash is a little strong.
    have a great fishing day