Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Mike Longs Record bass??

damn Rod, I remember your career. little do these readers know of your fishing history. part time chip n dale at the senior center banquet line; part time prefessional rosey sided speckled bass angler. how did you manage your extensive fishing career with all those single old women throwing themselves at you?

FISHINGBEE, your argument was damn near the same thing i recall hearing. oh well. over and done with. didnt affect me personally so im not set off by it. you're a sutherland local so i can see how it hit you harder.
    Last edited by Matt_Magnone; 03-26-2010 at 09:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FISHINGBEE View Post
    Her name is Diane. I used to live 8 miles from the lake. For 10 or so years i fished Sutherland. I knew all the employees and so on. I was there Fri,Sat,Sun. I happened to be fishing the day i saw Mike Long roll in. It was kind of strange to me because i never seen him at Lake Sutherland before. In the winter time i was an avid fisherman at Lake Poway. I had met Mike a time or two. I never had a beef with him at all. I had seen his View Finder and seing bass on the bottom was un-real. At this time Mike was the only View finder around. Anyways back to Sutherland. This season was very cold. On opening week at Sutherland was always a big week. Until this year i had always avg about 50 or so bass for the three days. He was fishing the rock in the Grande Mesa cove. We saw Mike my first instinct was whats he doing here. The first time i ever had seen his bass boat. He takes off to the boat dock i was thinking see even Mike Long knows when to give it up. The wind was blowing hard it was very cold so we mad it back. A large amount of people were standing at the boat dock. Mike was standing there getting a photo of the fish. A new place in the Sutherland record books. Diane was pissed over and over she claimed it was not a Sutherland Bass. The fish was bright green with beautiful markings. I agreed no way was it a Sutherland Bass. The fish was in spawn mode and all of the fish at Sutherland were shivering much less spawning. The Lake was a record turd brown. It was not till two months later that they started bedding. The next day we hit a good hole for some wide open catfish still no bass to be seen. Now that my proof either you like it or you lump it. Either way i could care less. Yes you were right there was a lady who was very pissed for months to come. By the way Diane had a house just up the hill. She caught many poachers and she worked harder than anyone at the lake. When the water was low Diane put on her wading boots and helped launch boats that either wise could not do so.

FISHINGBEE

If you do not mind me asking this bait shop was it in Poway? If it was you might be the guy with those killer Grub reeper sort of baits brown on the bottom red flakes.
    diane sounds like my kind of woman. Is she available?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_Magnone View Post
    damn Rod, I remember your career. little do these readers know of your fishing history. part time chip n dale at the senior center banquet line; part time prefessional rosey sided speckled bass angler. how did you manage your extensive fishing career with all those single old women throwing themselves at you?

FISHINGBEE, your argument was damn near the same thing i recall hearing. oh well. over and done with. didnt affect me personally so im not set off by it. you're a sutherland local so i can see how it hit you harder.
    Madman Matt,

Speaking of senior centers. I got a little chuckle reading the Californian last week when they talked about the guest speaker on fishing at the monthly senior angler group. None other then (drum roll please)................A free slap on the butt to anybody who can guess?

hahahahha,

dont go there buddy.

yeah, i guess i stepped right into that one!

you better be fishing knucklehead! bites wide open out there!!!

Was a Sutherland local! Im now stuck in the High Desert. Thanks for backing my story i do appreciate it. Your right it did affect me and a lot of locals. Did you fish the lake often? At first i thougt i knew you. Can you reveil your bait shop location? I may have met you trying to put togethe ra face thats all.Sorry to all that i afended.

FISHINGBEE
    Last edited by FISHINGBEE; 03-29-2010 at 05:08 PM.

i put sutherland in the routine for a lot of years before DVL was built then i focused mostly on it. most people dont get to hear the stories you hear in a tackleshop or from on the water info therefore its impossible to try and argue a point across to them. almost 100% of the time you'll get guys defending something in which they truly know nothing about. its cool though. water under the bridge.
    i got my start working for a tackle shop called Boss Bait and Tackle. The Boss chain went bankrupt and sold to a customer of mine which started Baja Vinnies Bait and Tackle. I managed Baja Vinnies for a while then sold to Bluewater Tackle and San Diego Fly Shop. I managed the Bluewater shop then due to personal reasons quit and made the jump to Last Chance Bait and Tackle.

i wouldnt appologize dude. being that this is a public forum you're entitled to speak your mind. itd be a sad place if we had to feel bad about how we speak what we feel. its scary you knew so much of that story. I wonder if I've met you before.

i put sutherland in the routine for a lot of years before DVL was built then i focused mostly on it. most people dont get to hear the stories you hear in a tackleshop or from on the water info therefore its impossible to try and argue a point across to them. almost 100% of the time you'll get guys defending something in which they truly know nothing about. its cool though. water under the bridge.
    i got my start working for a tackle shop called Boss Bait and Tackle. The Boss chain went bankrupt and sold to a customer of mine which started Baja Vinnies Bait and Tackle. I managed Baja Vinnies for a while then sold to Bluewater Tackle and San Diego Fly Shop. I managed the Bluewater shop then due to personal reasons quit and made the jump to Last Chance Bait and Tackle.

i wouldnt appologize dude. being that this is a public forum you're entitled to speak your mind. itd be a sad place if we had to feel bad about how we speak what we feel. its scary you knew so much of that story. I wonder if I've met you before.
    Yah i remember Boss and Blue water tackle. I was impressed with the quality gear. I found some awesome baits for the bay. Including jigging spoons to plastics. Thanks for the info. I lived next to the Boss at BALBOA! I also have been to the one of the 78. I bought many rods and reels from you guys. I loved fishing Sutherland even better when the lake had water. Believe it or not i have been around. Fished Ocean bays rivers lakes etc. I spent my first 15 years fishing No Cal. The Sf Bay and so on. I have done several bay bass tournaments and placed 11 th one season my PB. I do not really care if nobody believes me. I always tell the truth. What proof some people what i do not know. The two that for sure know if the Sutherland bass was for real. One Mike Long two God. I was one of the dudes who saw the fish. I told my story. I do not care how good you are though. A record bass in an hour and a half though. All the people who support Mike thinking im just another none believer. The people i was appoligizing to are the ones who do it legit. The ones that do not deserve a bad rap. Anways never got a chance to hit up DVL mind if i Pm you some time if i get to fish the lake. Could always use some good knowledge.

FISHINGBEE
    Last edited by FISHINGBEE; 03-30-2010 at 11:02 PM.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567