Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Mike Longs Record bass??

Only proof I see is you are an IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by FISHINGBEE View Post
    I have givin you proof. Either you believe it or not. Coloration does wave proof especially if the water is brown and cold about 56 or so. He fished a total of 1 and a half full hours. Its not a speculation or a rumor. I spent many years on the lake to know the bass was a fraud. I could care less what others would like to know. Wow he is a local tournament guy. Seriously man if he could just pop out records everywhere why is he not a Pro. Believe what you want. I used to envy Mike Long seeing all those big bass caught at Poway. I did see the pic and no way was it from Sutherland. If they could have kept the fish for proof before it was released. That would have been done for sure.

P.S where is his fishing shows.
    FISHINGBEE
    Ok I feel much better now you have just re-stated the same argument to make your point, sure clears things up for me. Thanks a bunch!

Quote Originally Posted by FISHINGBEE View Post
    I have givin you proof. Either you believe it or not. Coloration does wave proof especially if the water is brown and cold about 56 or so. He fished a total of 1 and a half full hours. Its not a speculation or a rumor. I spent many years on the lake to know the bass was a fraud. I could care less what others would like to know. Wow he is a local tournament guy. Seriously man if he could just pop out records everywhere why is he not a Pro. Believe what you want. I used to envy Mike Long seeing all those big bass caught at Poway. I did see the pic and no way was it from Sutherland. If they could have kept the fish for proof before it was released. That would have been done for sure.

P.S where is his fishing shows.
    FISHINGBEE
    Who pissed in your cheerios?

Thats funny you mention that story FISHINGBEE. Back a bunch of years ago when I started in the tackle business, I too heard that same story. While I'll never spout off and say I believe it, which i don't entirely do, it always makes me wonder. there was a lady ranger i remember calling to see what all this nonsense was and all i remember was her being super pissed when i spoke to her about it. with every one angler doing well there will be 10 anglers talking about how he cheated. its been done to kyle, rick, josh, berry, siemantel etc. its nonsense really.

with a guy of his caliber, tournament fishing and trophy angling, the dude's a stick. He's an excellent angler and i definately admire his skill in finding trophy fish. the first step is to locate them. thats the heart of the battle in my opinon. he's definately done that.

i dont belong to any sides. who knows.
    Last edited by Matt_Magnone; 03-24-2010 at 08:53 PM.

I was there the day he caught it, believe it!
    Tuna<*)))><Vic

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_Magnone View Post
    Thats funny you mention that story FISHINGBEE. Back a bunch of years ago when I started in the tackle business, I too heard that same story. While I'll never spout off and say I believe it, which i don't entirely do, it always makes me wonder. there was a lady ranger i remember calling to see what all this nonsense was and all i remember was her being super pissed when i spoke to her about it. with every one angler doing well there will be 10 anglers talking about how he cheated. its been done to kyle, rick, josh, berry, siemantel etc. its nonsense really.

with a guy of his caliber, tournament fishing and trophy angling, the dude's a stick. He's an excellent angler and i definately admire his skill in finding trophy fish. the first step is to locate them. thats the heart of the battle in my opinon. he's definately done that.

i dont belong to any sides. who knows.
    I can relate to what you are saying, Matt. Back when winning tournaments was common place for me, back when I had people fighting over the opportunity to endorse me, back when my phone was ringing off the hook with local tourni anglers looking for winning tips guys were very envious of me. They were constantly accusing me of cheating. Now that I've retired from competitive angling the threats, harassment, and accusation have really died down. I know what Mike L. is going through. It is very lonely at the top....hehehehehe

Her name is Diane. I used to live 8 miles from the lake. For 10 or so years i fished Sutherland. I knew all the employees and so on. I was there Fri,Sat,Sun. I happened to be fishing the day i saw Mike Long roll in. It was kind of strange to me because i never seen him at Lake Sutherland before. In the winter time i was an avid fisherman at Lake Poway. I had met Mike a time or two. I never had a beef with him at all. I had seen his View Finder and seing bass on the bottom was un-real. At this time Mike was the only View finder around. Anyways back to Sutherland. This season was very cold. On opening week at Sutherland was always a big week. Until this year i had always avg about 50 or so bass for the three days. He was fishing the rock in the Grande Mesa cove. We saw Mike my first instinct was whats he doing here. The first time i ever had seen his bass boat. He takes off to the boat dock i was thinking see even Mike Long knows when to give it up. The wind was blowing hard it was very cold so we mad it back. A large amount of people were standing at the boat dock. Mike was standing there getting a photo of the fish. A new place in the Suterland record books. Diane was pissed over and over she claimed it was not a Sutherland Bass. The fish was bright green with beautiful markings. I agreed no way was it a Sutherland Bass. The fish was in spawn mode and all of the fish at Sutherland were shivering much less spawning. The Lake was a record turd brown. It was not till two months later that they started bedding. The next day we hit a good hole for some wide open catfish still no bass to be seen. Now that my proof either you like it or you lump it. Either way i could care less. Yes you were right there was a lady who was very pissed for months to come. By the way Diane had a house just up the hill. She caught many poachers and she worked harder than anyone at the lake. When the water was low Diane put on her wading boots and helped launch boats that either wise could not do so.

FISHINGBEE

Her name is Diane. I used to live 8 miles from the lake. For 10 or so years i fished Sutherland. I knew all the employees and so on. I was there Fri,Sat,Sun. I happened to be fishing the day i saw Mike Long roll in. It was kind of strange to me because i never seen him at Lake Sutherland before. In the winter time i was an avid fisherman at Lake Poway. I had met Mike a time or two. I never had a beef with him at all. I had seen his View Finder and seing bass on the bottom was un-real. At this time Mike was the only View finder around. Anyways back to Sutherland. This season was very cold. On opening week at Sutherland was always a big week. Until this year i had always avg about 50 or so bass for the three days. He was fishing the rock in the Grande Mesa cove. We saw Mike my first instinct was whats he doing here. The first time i ever had seen his bass boat. He takes off to the boat dock i was thinking see even Mike Long knows when to give it up. The wind was blowing hard it was very cold so we mad it back. A large amount of people were standing at the boat dock. Mike was standing there getting a photo of the fish. A new place in the Sutherland record books. Diane was pissed over and over she claimed it was not a Sutherland Bass. The fish was bright green with beautiful markings. I agreed no way was it a Sutherland Bass. The fish was in spawn mode and all of the fish at Sutherland were shivering much less spawning. The Lake was a record turd brown. It was not till two months later that they started bedding. The next day we hit a good hole for some wide open catfish still no bass to be seen. Now that my proof either you like it or you lump it. Either way i could care less. Yes you were right there was a lady who was very pissed for months to come. By the way Diane had a house just up the hill. She caught many poachers and she worked harder than anyone at the lake. When the water was low Diane put on her wading boots and helped launch boats that either wise could not do so.

FISHINGBEE

If you do not mind me asking this bait shop was it in Poway? If it was you might be the guy with those killer Grub reeper sort of baits brown on the bottom red flakes.

Quote Originally Posted by IncredibleHuck View Post
    Who pissed in your cheerios?
    Sorry i do not eat Cheerios. Thanks for asking. Sorry Incredible Joke.

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    Ok I feel much better now you have just re-stated the same argument to make your point, sure clears things up for me. Thanks a bunch!
    Im glad you feel much better glad i could help.

FISHINGBEE

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast