Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Longs Record bass??

Quote Originally Posted by Cal Bassin View Post
    Just got a text message from Mike, since he is tied up at a work convention today. This is his response word for word......

"The picture that is currently being shown on the DVL website is indeed me! The fish that is in the photo is NOT my 16 pounder, it is a picture of a 8 pounder I caught that same day. I have no idea why they used that picture, and why they photo shoped me high up on the dame. The 16 pounder, was a 31" long skinny bass, which was in an edition of Western Outdoor News."

I am in the process of searching our data base of photos for the actual 16 pounder, and when I find it, I will post it up for review!
    Ok now I'm really confused! That 8 lbs bass looks like a 12 lbs to me.

I guess MOST everybodys off the hook then, we'll call it a draw.

Just got a text message from Mike, since he is tied up at a work convention today. This is his response word for word......

"The picture that is currently being shown on the DVL website is indeed me! The fish that is in the photo is NOT my 16 pounder, it is a picture of a 8 pounder I caught that same day. I have no idea why they used that picture, and why they photo shoped me high up on the dame. The 16 pounder, was a 31" long skinny bass, which was in an edition of Western Outdoor News."

I am in the process of searching our data base of photos for the actual 16 pounder, and when I find it, I will post it up for review!
    While your at it ask him if anyone has ever said he looked like Mark Macguire.

And your right, that 8-pounder looks like 12 pounds to me. Something is fishy hear. I think we have the first fisherman in the history of mankind actually underestimating the size of his catches....heheheheheheheheheheheheheehe
    Last edited by HuskerRod; 02-18-2010 at 03:24 PM.

Default Here is the 16 pounder Picture!

Her is the actual lake record 16 pound fish he caught that day. The picture is not the greatest, but it helps!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	THIS NEW DVL LAKE RECORD.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	42.7 KB 
ID:	20650  

If what you are saying is true, then so much for all the replies vehemently claiming the bass in the pic is 16lbs because Mike Long is 9 foot tall etc....

This is INDEED funny!

Since NO-ONE is actually catching fish, we now have stooped so low as to generate our drama over someone elses picture of a fish caught years ago.

Yes...Indeedy! Now THAT is funny!

[QUOTE=Stormcrow;432477]This is INDEED funny!

Since NO-ONE is actually catching fish, we now have stooped so low as to generate our drama over someone elses picture of a fish caught years ago.

What would FNN be without drama???

a. just another fishing site
    b. a place for guides to advertise their services
    c. just another bragger board
    d. all the above

Her is the actual lake record 16 pound fish he caught that day. The picture is not the greatest, but it helps!
    That fish looks lighter than the 12 lbs., oops sorry 8 lbs., pic. I think Mike is 9 foot tall Sansou, at least from this angle.

in the first pic one hand is just a lil higher then his sholder and the other is at about belly button hight hold your hands up like that. that is a big fish

Your right Local tourneys only!!!!!!!!! Get in with the Big Boys on th Elite Series!! You think he would out Fish KVD or Ike? You guys are smoking some goood Sticky Sticky!!! Just like Dobylns he is too scared to get into it with the Big Boys!!! LOL!! I know he doesnt need to because he makes all his money off selling all the boats he wins!! But wouldnt you want to test yourself against the best on any body of water??

Quote Originally Posted by HOGMASTER View Post
    Your right Local tourneys only!!!!!!!!! Get in with the Big Boys on th Elite Series!! You think he would out Fish KVD or Ike? You guys are smoking some goood Sticky Sticky!!! Just like Dobylns he is too scared to get into it with the Big Boys!!! LOL!! I know he doesnt need to because he makes all his money off selling all the boats he wins!! But wouldnt you want to test yourself against the best on any body of water??
    1. It is NEAR IMPOSSIBLE to fish the Elite Series without a serious sponsor. Considering you have to drive all over the country and fish water you may never have fished before. Even some big time pros dont bother to come out west because they know theyre gonna get smoked, and THEY HAVE BIG TIME SPONSORS! You obviously have no clue what fishing a big time series like Elite really entails. Do you really think KVD is gonna smoke Dean Rojas on his home water of Havasu? NOT!!!!!!!!

2. Hands DOWN... Any major tournament on DVL or any of the San Diego lakes, my money would be on Long or Dobyns over Ike or KVD or Skeet ANYDAY. The locals simply know these lakes better. Sorry to bust your bubble.

So, back to sticky-sticky!
    Last edited by Stormcrow; 02-19-2010 at 07:59 AM.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast