Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Longs Record bass??

When I first saw this thread I thought the controversy was going a different route.

I don't doubt the weight of the fish at all and Mike is definetly an awesome angler..........

BUT I've heard more than once that bass wasn't caught at DVL but a lake a little father south and brought to DVL via livewell.

Now don't shoot the messenger thats just the controversy I've heard.

The story I herd floating around is that he was at another lake before he cam do Diamond and that he had only fished 1 hour after lanch then landed the Lake Record. The Rumors are that he caught it at another lake and brought it to DVL.

I think that fish is def the weight it is. And he def caught that fish at diamond. Mike long is one of the best big bass fisherman that has ever lived, and hes a top notch guy who gave me all the advice i needed to start catching fish when i moved out here. You should check out some of his pictures and videos and you wouldnt have ne doubts.

Gee everytime I read a statement that starts out with "I HEARD", I know what follows it has to be the truth...

So far we have in question the weight of the fish, whether or not that is indeed Mike Long or Mark McGuire, where the bass was caught, and drum roll please..........................was he using live Trout? heheheheheheheheheheheheheehehee

Man, Im on a roll today.

By the way guys, Im gonna go ahead and volunteer my services and leadership to successful catch the next lake record. I'll keep you all posted.
    Last edited by HuskerRod; 02-18-2010 at 12:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by indymusky View Post
    I think that fish is def the weight it is. And he def caught that fish at diamond. Mike long is one of the best big bass fisherman that has ever lived, and hes a top notch guy who gave me all the advice i needed to start catching fish when i moved out here. You should check out some of his pictures and videos and you wouldnt have ne doubts.
    No he is not one of the best Bass Fisherman!!! He is a great Big Bass Fisherman! and if you talk to him like I did at the BA he said the only differance between him and us is TIME ON THE WATER!!! He spends more time on the water looking and finding Big Girls then Sarah Palin does writing Crib notes on her hand!!!!!!! He would get his butt kicked in tournaments!! He said that!
    Last edited by HOGMASTER; 02-18-2010 at 01:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HOGMASTER View Post
    No he is not one of the best Bass Fisherman!!! He is a great Big Bass Fisherman! and if you talk to him like I did at the BA he said the only differance between him and us is TIME ON THE WATER!!! He spends more time on the water looking and finding Big Girls then Sarah Palin does writing Crib notes on her hand!!!!!!! He would get his butt kicked in tournaments!! He said that!
    Only comment I have is that he does or has fished for many years in tournaments and usually with his partner are at the top or near the top anglers.

http://sdfish.com/index.php/preview/...***-2008/2009/

Sarah Palin joke??????? Easy target how about he spends more time finding Big Girls than Obama does setting up teleprompters? Just having fun.

Default The Official Inside Scoop!

Just got a text message from Mike, since he is tied up at a work convention today. This is his response word for word......

"The picture that is currently being shown on the DVL website is indeed me! The fish that is in the photo is NOT my 16 pounder, it is a picture of a 8 pounder I caught that same day. I have no idea why they used that picture, and why they photo shoped me high up on the dame. The 16 pounder, was a 31" long skinny bass, which was in an edition of Western Outdoor News."

I am in the process of searching our data base of photos for the actual 16 pounder, and when I find it, I will post it up for review!

He wins TEAM Tourneys in San Diego fishing alone......

Quote Originally Posted by HOGMASTER View Post

yup, he sucks a t Tourneys.....

Mike Long wins 4th consecutive tournament
    Print E-mail
    Written by Kellen Ellis
    Sunday, April 20, 2008
    After taking a break from team tournament fishing to finish building his new home, Mike Long of Ramona has returned with a vengeance. Mike caught a 5 fish limit at El Capitan in the Aim Marine Sunday Series event that weighed 14.25 pounds, and earned him his fourth consecutive team tournament win. He has won two American Bass Association tournaments, and with his partner John Kerr, won the last WON Bass event in that time period.
    http://sdfish.com/index.php/Freshwat...ournament.html

or

http://sdfish.com/index.php/forum/to...tay-event.html

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast