Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Longs Record bass??

Default Mike Longs Record bass??

Ok Mike Long is a stud dont get me wrong, Im just in disbelief about that fish he caught a few years back at DVL that was 16lbs. I dont think the picture is the actual fish what do you think?

http://www.dvlake.com/images/Big_Fish_WinnerB.jpg

look at all that water...

and ya im not very good with looking at lmbs and guessing weight, but mikes a beast.

yeah remember when it was full, crazy. Hopefully one day it gets back up there, I just was looking at some huge 15 pounders and I remember Mikes fish and man it sure looks different then other bass the same weight.

I have always thought that his 16.5 lbr looked small but i just think its one of those " picture not doing the fish justice " deals. That records comming down soon i believe.

I question whether or not that is even Mike Long in that picture. That looks like Mark McGwire doesn't it? hehehehehehehehe Man, DVL looks huge all full like that. The good old days.

I figured that was a record that would get reset every year or so, but it's been a while. Looks like I need to get busy. And yet another..hehehehehehehehehe

Mike Long is a big ole dude. Compare fish to dude, big damn fish!

Oh and this is why you weight second guessers should keep your comments to yourself. Are you all expert photographers that can tell the scale of a fish compared to the angler based on just a pic?

If Mike was 5 foot tall and skinny that would be a 6 lbs..

mike long's a big dude and that fish is a donkey.

pretty snazzy photoshop job. thatd be an aweful long way out of the way to bring the boat to look out point though

Guys, Mike Long is almost 6'5" I believe.

Nuff said .

First of all... With all the huge toads Mike has caught over the years, do you really think he would do ANYTHING to discredit himself. The man is the "Fish Whisperer"! Secondly, he is a big guy, and the fish is not being held in the typical arms out, make my fish look bigger pose. I have known Mike long enough to know, that if he said it weighed 16, then it dame sure weighed what he said it did! Your word and your honor are all a mans got! The lake record will fall soon, just not sure to whom! I know I am working on it!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast