Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hotspot Fins???

Default Hotspot Fins???

Alright guys, I'm getting a float tube this weekend!
    So..
    I need fins.

Who is the FNN'r who sells HotSpot fins? I did a Google search and I refuse to go to a Turner's Outdoor to get them (bad experiences).

Also, any alternative fins I should know about, or is it a no-brainer about the Hot Spots?

Thanks,
    Scott

I think you want to talk to Fat Albert.

One_Leg

Hey BBL2Baja,

I know pretty much everyone who float tubes on here swear by the hotspots but I could not justify spending $80+ bucks on a pair of fins.... :shock: I got these and they work great and are very confy!!!!

VERY FAST AND LIGHT!!!

Might want to give them a thought!!!!

Here is the link!!

http://www.amazon.com/U-S-Divers-Shredd ... B000EM2S04

sonarbp

Default Fins

depending on where you live. There is a bait and tackle shop in Temecula with some awsome prices. Hot shot fins are only $49.00, Kencore rods are dirt cheap. I won't post the name, email me and I will give you the skoop.

Thanks for the tips guys. Those Shredder fins look sweet! Amazon didn't state if they float or not. I'm assuming they don't? Not really concerned since it has a tether system, but it's a nice feature anyhoo...

And Socalfishing, Temecula is a bit far for me. When I add gas in to get there, I'm no longer saving money. :wink: Thanks for the hook-up though!

Later,
    Scott

I've been trying to pick up a pair too. I think the hotspot fins are only distributed to local retailers in the LA/IE/OC/SD areas...no online dealers.

I'm up in the high desert and the closest retailer is over 2hrs away. I'm gonna have to wait til my next trip down to see family in SD before I pick some up.

Mase,

If you are really set on getting the hotspot you can call the Turners outdoorsman nearest you and they might be able to ship them to you but then you have to add shipping on top of the $80 price tag!!!!

I'm telling you the shredders are pretty sweet!!!!

Alright here are my 2 cents about the Shredders. They are a 2 or 3 shot fin, which means in time the bonding will give and they will fall apart. it happens to all plastic fins that are more than one piece. The plastic will last forever but will not bond together well. Trust me I own one of the biggest fin manufacturing companies in Ca. The HotSpots are made of rubber and are designed for tubing. The split fin on the other fin is great for diving or snorkeling, but not as good for tubing. Also HotSpots are made of marine grade components, which means using them in salt water is not a problem. Being as small as they look the thrust will not be as good as the effort you are putting. as far as them floating i really doubt it. They look great, but to me performance is what your'e paying for. But it's really a personal preference. And if you think 80.00 bucks is alot for fins, I'd hate to see your tackle or tube...lol I'd take a pair of Viper surfing Fins over those Shredders anyday.

BBL I had to check out your location and I don't believe you, Hows the weather?

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Albert
    They look great, but to me performance is what your'e paying for. But it's really a personal preference.
    Very true!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Albert
    And if you think 80.00 bucks is alot for fins, I'd hate to see your tackle or tube...lol I'd take a pair of Viper surfing Fins over those Shredders anyday.
    :shock: :rofl:

Hey Fat Albert,

There is no doubt that you make a quality pair of fins. I have a tought time getting my wife to allow me to buy any type of tackle anymore...she complains that I have thousands and thousands of $$$ in fishing gear...which is true!!!! that is why I said $80 bucks seems like alot for a pair of fins...nothing against you or your product. I have many pairs of fins in my arsenal...mostly cheaper fins you can find for under $20...but my tubin fins are the shredders cause they cost less.

If you could recommend somewhere other than Turners to get them more guys on the board might get them....Turners has seemed to go down hill the last couple of years in quality service and the prices seem to rise more and more.....

sonarbp

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast