Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My first hali from the surf! 2/13

Default My first hali from the surf! 2/13

For Valentines Weekend Tesserz planned a trip out to Santa Barbara so we could do some surf fishing. Our plan was to target the flatties, even though it's not the best time to be fishing for them. We just wanted something other than perch. The swells were up, so we couldn't fish a whole lot of areas. We tried to find the calmest waters we could fish.

After a few casts of the hardbait, I feel a THUNK!

My first surf hali! Not a legal, so I did not bother measuring. Guessing it was about 19in.

There I am trying for another one.

We combed the rest of the area in search of more flatties, but that was it. Tesserz got a hit on the LC, but no takers. Later switched to the trusty DS, but nada.

Not the best day of fishing, but I'm glad one of us was able to land something. Thanks honey for planning our first ever valentines fishing trip.

Jason and Tess,
    Great way to spend V-day!!
    Congrats on your 1st surf caught Halibut!

Awww, you're welcome hunny. It was pretty fun being out there in the waves... although it would've been much more fun if I woulda caught something, lol. It was definitely a good learning experience and I'm looking forward to getting back out there and trying the surf again soon. Not bad for our first time hali hunting in the surf in the off-season, haha. Something tells me we're gonna do better next time.

congrats on the hali,what a keeper you got (your lady) to plan a day of fishing!nice report and pics,you'll get your keeper for sure keep it up

Congrats on the halibut. Now that I got my giant squid this weekend,halibut is my next goal.

Default surfn need. help

Hey guys. I'm keepemlo I want 2 start surf fishn I blieve I have all the right rods as I'm an avid bass
    Panfiisherman I'm ready 2 pack my backpack what r some staple lures I should know about

Jaysuuun,
    Awesome getting that hali Bro! You seem like a nice person, as well as your partner if fishing, Tesserz.
    I am for sure going to make NPH my next target destination for some spotties. The surf isn't going anywhere soon..lol
    Thanks for the report and pics, the both of you,
    Robert

Hey Jason... that spot looks familiar. lol
    Conditions weren't ideal, but you managed to nail a Flattie, not bad at all for the first time.
    Next time, I expect to see both you & Tess with legals!

Awesome looking hali, even though it wasn't a legal! I gotta hit the surf more often so I can catch one!

The surf paid you off with a Valentines Present! ^.^
    Nice first hali in the SuRf

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast