Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: fishing license on Avalon pier

Default fishing license on Avalon pier

do i need fishing license for the pier @ catalina?

i have license but i wanna bring some friends to go on SAT :D :D

thanks

you dont need a license on public piers

apparently you do not need a licence to fish on any public pier, dock, or jetty.

It has to be an Ocean facing pier or jetty. Not break walls (like L/B) or inner jetties. For sure NOT Docks... Open to public fishing..

2007 California Ocean Fishing Regulations

1.88. Public Pier. A public pier is a publicly owned man-made structure that has the following
    characteristics: is connected, above the mean high tide, to the main coastline or to the landmass
    of a named and charted natural island; has unrestricted free access for the general public; and
    has been built or currently functions for the primary purpose of allowing angling access to ocean
    waters.
    Additionally, publicly owned jetties or breakwaters that are connected to land, as described
    above, that have free unrestricted access for the general public and whose purpose it is to form
    the most seaward protective boundary of an ocean harbor are public piers. Jetties, breakwaters,
    promenades, sea walls, moles, docks, linings, barriers and other structures that are not the most
    seaward protective boundary of an ocean harbor, are not public piers.

Quote Originally Posted by vanillagurilla
    apparently you do not need a licence to fish on any public pier, dock, or jetty.
    Not true....

Read what Nessie put up.

I'd be careful. That pier in Avalon is inside the harbor. If I read the regs right that would not make it an ocean front pier so you may need a license there.

ok, i may get bashed here...but why do we constantly get all these questions......EVERYONE BUY A LICENSE, and there will be no questions......hey man, i mean absolutely NO offense.....i get these kind of questions at the landing ALL the time.......peace

Quote Originally Posted by ghetto dad
    ok, i may get bashed here...but why do we constantly get all these questions......EVERYONE BUY A LICENSE, and there will be no questions......hey man, i mean absolutely NO offense.....i get these kind of questions at the landing ALL the time.......peace
    :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That's what I tell all my friends....

NO fishing license is needed on the Green Pier in Avalon :wink: 8)