Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fishing Cabo need some advice...

Default Fishing Cabo need some advice...

I have a trip planned to Cabo for the end of the month and had a few questions for those who have been there before. I would really appreciate your input, suggestions, horror or success stories as all information is good informationā€¦

Who runs a reliable, not so terribly expensive Ā½. Ā¾ or full day outfit?

Do these guys book up quickly?

I will be staying right on the beach across the bay from the arch, is there good shore fishing?

I would like to bring my own gear down, any hang ups with customs, airlines, theft, or damage?

Can you rent rod and reel down there for both shore and charter fishing?

Again I would sincerely appreciate any input from those of you who have been there and done that! Thanks a ton and tight lines!

-8lb

Are staying in Cabo San Lucas or San Jose del Cabo? It's not the same place...but they call it Cabo collectively.

Don't really know, it is the one with the cape or the bay that has the all topo famous arch in the rocks on the point...

What do you mean you don't know?!?! What hotel are you staying at?!

You should definitely know where you're going!!

LOL I just got an invite yesterday don't really have much info. I did find out it is san lucas cove though...

Quote Originally Posted by Funjunkie74
    What do you mean you don't know?!?! What hotel are you staying at?!

You should definitely know where you're going!!

:lol: you are classic dude

jump on the interet calico...unlss you want Junkie to do it for ya!

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=n ... g+charters

Sorry I could not suggest an charter service, but I always fished further North at Rancho Buena Vista when I went to Baja.
    I heard the Pisces fleet is top notch, based on my friends that went the past few years. Good luck!

TD

Information for that area is very specific and it would be best if you paid my way so I could go with you and give you tips in person. It seem to work better that way, (at least for me... :wink: )

jump on the interet calico...unlss you want Junkie to do it for ya!
    Don't need ppl to do a search for me, I'm quite capable... I want info from people who have gone there and chartered a boat to respond, if you have not no need to reply. just to reply... Although I thank you for the Pisces tip :)

Information for that area is very specific and it would be best if you paid my way so I could go with you and give you tips in person. It seem to work better that way, (at least for me... )
    Sounds like a plan, what other services do you perform on your long range guided trips? I think there is room for a pegboy on the trip... LOL

Seriously anyone who has had good or bad experiences with the skippers out of San Lucas I would like to hear about it...

Quote Originally Posted by Fish Dog
    Information for that area is very specific and it would be best if you paid my way so I could go with you and give you tips in person. It seem to work better that way, (at least for me... :wink: )
    Same here, you gotta put the time in down there and talk to ALL the skippers , almost all the boats are off the water by 2:pm, here's a site to check out Bro, http://www.mexfish.com/apgs/sitemap/sitemap.htm

Good Luck,
    KJ13 8)

Well if you are staying across the arch you will be in Cabo San Lucas...

I have no clue about shore fishing down there, I would think near Cabo San Lucas it would be tough since the amount of tourists etc you need to contend with. Maybe you could hook into a nice bikini top or something though.

As for places to check out, there are a bunch and it all depends on how much you want to pay. Do you want a cruiser, panga, etc...

Out of Cabo heard good things about Oso Blanco 2

Out of San Jose Del Cabo (where the airport is) use Gordo Banks Pangas...out of SJD is usually cheaper than CSL

As for gear all the pangas/cruisers usually have stuff and the condition of it can vary...from old to new....I would bring down maybe a 30lb and a 20 lb outfit...anything bigger they will have...No probs taking reels with line on planes and just stuff your rods in a tube.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast