Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is this that scammer?

How is this guy still a free man, I remember this from a couple months ago also.
    This is a ad on craiglist can they not put this guy behind bars?

Probably because he's nowhere near Arizona or even the United States for that matter......
    Im sure eventually, the transaction would have led to "just wire the money here"....

Lots of scams out there.

A few minutes spent researching, could end up saving you thousands of dollars.

Good lookin' out. Thanks for the thread.

U guys should understand,
    These Scams are almost all computer generated. Well, All of them are. You will usually get an email saying some BS about them moving to another country etc. They will ship the boat to you and they will ask for all your info. If you give them your info, they'll take all the money from your account. Then your screwed!

Remember, all emails used are fake and 80% of the Time are @gmail.com emails.

And If you put up Your boat for sale, they'll send you E-mails almost always Saying....

Is this ITEM available?

They Use "Item" so it'll be easier to send scam emails to every sale in General.

Or some BS like,
    My daughter/son has been admiring your ____ and has been looking for the exact model....etc

Also, look for the Little Camera on the bottom corner of the Ads! They usually get the Pictures for the Ads from Ebay. They almost always copy exactly what the Ebay sale says.....

Be careful guys, they may also use YOUR email to send other scam emails, if you reply to the ad.

There was some guy selling Big HDTVs on CL all models cheap. Had a out of the USA ph #

DR

Quote Originally Posted by addict2fishing View Post
    I cannot meet face2face I have a new job in Tucson, AZ I would like to use Autotrader Vehicle Purchase to take care of this deal, smooth and safe. Let me know if you have any other questions, hope i didn't miss anything.

Stop dreaming and start fishing!!

Thank you, Bobby.
    Send him a email and tell him you drive a delivery truck from LA to Tuscon twice a week and would like to meet and give him a cashiers check.

I would like to see his response to that.
    DR

Quote Originally Posted by Fisherman57 View Post
    1. Can't meet in person. SCAM
    http://www.consumerfraudreporting.or...List_scams.php

2. Transaction thru Auto Trader. SCAM
    http://www.autotrader.com/research/s...ticle_id=12124

3. DAS (his listed "shipper") has a fraud advisory on this. SCAM
    http://www.dasautoshippers.com/i-fou...ar-online.html

4. Google search "2004 Bass Tracker Scam". SCAM
    http://www.google.com/#hl=en&source=...a94940edcea411
    couldnt have said it better myself. I just smell a scam when they cant meet me in person to make the money transfer and specially look at the goods before buying.

Most of the time when i post stuff up for sale they say "im in nigeria and buying this for my son..."
    "what condition is this and final offer" then i say to myself. "I thought i was clear enough on my post"
    They most of the time want to buy without seeing, WHO DOES THAT!? I will do it but not for that much cash or check
    for that matter!
    Last edited by lalo56; 02-12-2010 at 07:14 AM.

ALL SCAM AD'S ARE AUTOMATED. THERE'S NO PERSON ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE EMAIL. THEY ARE DOING THIS THOUSANDS OF TIMES SO THEY THERE CANT BE A LOT OF DUDES PERSONALLY EMAILING BACK.....

I never trust a "too good to be true" unless they have a phone number on the listing.

I never put my phone number so i can weed out the people that are not really interested. For those that are interested then i send them my phone number to disccuss it further.

Many of these scammers come from the country of Nigeria.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast