Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: It's called FISHING

I'd like to add 1 more thing to the mix... When the fish isn't biting and I have no one to talk to(rare), I get the best sleep out at Irvine. It is one beautiful piece of land and sooo peaceful. I'm energized and refresh when I wake up. Helps with the crazy drive back home. Cindy
    Last edited by Mondo21; 02-06-2010 at 02:46 PM.

PAT = purchase a trout - is pretty funny. I believe he was saying " a PAT lake" is "a pay and take lake"

Quote Originally Posted by troutdog View Post
    I understand it's all in the catching for some people, but to let it push you to the brink of throwing down your gear in disgust because you skunk or start cussing up a storm for everyone in earshot to hear because some noob in a boat runs over your fish isn't what I think fishing is meant to be....that sounds like work or something. Then again we are all wired differently, to each is his own right?

TD
    There was no skunk action for me Thursday, that's not what got me frustrated. What mattered for me was that I recognized it when it happened and was going home so as not to screw up anyone's fishing day, mine included.
    And those two nutsacks who dropped in upwind (and it was very windy) of my boat that day and drifted right into my boat and proceded to cast over me, tangle my lines and totally screw up the spot while swinging back and forth across my boat AS I WAS ANSWERING EVERY QUESTION THEY SHOT AT ME about my tricks of the trouting trade as I was telling them that they had anchored way too close to me, are very lucky that I couldn't get into their boat with them after they beat that fish off with their propeller! Even for a noob it was an inconsiderate move that was in no way warranted. (Yeah, it's still a sore spot.)
    Whew!
    PAT means Put And Take.

you guys are right in terms of just going to relax and shoot the **** with fellow fisherman. at the same time these pay lakes or "urban fishing", need to have a high success rate. if i go to castaic and fish for bass and striper and get skuned oh well bu this is trout fishing and if am going to a mud hole and paying 22 bucks i want to bring home a trout. a pay lake for trout fishing and fishing a real lake are two totally types of fishing

Quote Originally Posted by DodgersFan View Post
    you guys are right in terms of just going to relax and shoot the **** with fellow fisherman. at the same time these pay lakes or "urban fishing", need to have a high success rate. if i go to castaic and fish for bass and striper and get skuned oh well bu this is trout fishing and if am going to a mud hole and paying 22 bucks i want to bring home a trout. a pay lake for trout fishing and fishing a real lake are two totally types of fishing
    I agree with the gist of what you're saying. But, the next time you're out at Castaic, why not visit the deep end of the lake and I'm pretty sure that you'll find something in common with Irvine Lake and almost all others we enjoy spending time on in persuit of our finned quarry (regardless of the genetics of that particular fish): it's called a dam and it pretty much negates calling any of these places "real."

I try to think of it this way. I live close to Irvine Lake. It's a PAT lake. Which means to me, they plant alot of fish. My chances of catching any fish, perhaps a DD, are geatly increased. Plus, as mentioned, it's got great views.
    If I drive to another lake that's alot farther, I may skunk there too. The $22 could be spent on gas, more food, wear on car, license fees, etc.
    I love fishing other places, just wish they were closer to home.

I fish to relax, the fish in the net are a nice bonus. I was just noting that there were some messages, in a lot of places, of being frustrated while fishing. My point was, that the sport is a lot more fun if you are concentrating on the pursuit more than the prize. Which, in my case, has helped increase my fish catch.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123