Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: It's called FISHING

Nice post and it be like it be out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Marley View Post
    That's pretty well said. I won't go as far as some might when taking about the experience; when I pay for spending time on PAT lake I expect a better-than-average shot at catching fish. Today might not be my day and I might (and too often do) have to stop and buy salmon for dinner (see the start to my post on this week's outing), but I don't want to get the idea that someone's pulling a con on me.
    How-some-ever, we are so very fortunate to have the four PAT lakes we have in and around OC who put up the goods for us. And we can't forget the up-to-the-second information available right here.

I understand it's all in the catching for some people, but to let it push you to the brink of throwing down your gear in disgust because you skunk or start cussing up a storm for everyone in earshot to hear because some noob in a boat runs over your fish isn't what I think fishing is meant to be....that sounds like work or something. Then again we are all wired differently, to each is his own right?

What is a "PAT" lake?

TD
    Last edited by troutdog; 02-06-2010 at 12:54 AM.

very well said i bet most of the complainers dont practice good fishing practice and kill most of what little amount they put on the stringer

Never give up....
    Last edited by Fishbones; 02-06-2010 at 12:19 AM.

Default fish or no fish ..just enjoy

I think some fisherman have never put in hours and hours of fishing heavy pressured lakes and dont understand why there not bitting, they think...im at a pay lake..why havnt i caught anything...
    and it doesnt matter where you fish pay lake or not...
    Its like an excuse to blame not catching anything on the pay lake and not them self or the fish,weather,inexperience ...
    Its always the lakes fault is there answer...
    It seems they expect it to be handed to them on a silver platter.."your rainbow trout sir"
    Go to a non pay lake and get skunked ..then who do you blame..and if they have the hours of experience then there seeing past the main goal of getting out and enjoying yourself and company...
    If you let the skunk get you down and ruin your day....then didnt that defeat the purpose of going fishing to enjoy yourself.
    Last edited by Fishbones; 02-06-2010 at 12:24 AM.

well i can see the guys rant about getting skunked...geez, do what i do stay away from the $22 pay lakes. unless it's a 57 gathering, at least you have people you can bull ish around with while your getting skunked and learn what the hell your doing wrong..yes it's called fishing not catching..or maybe follow the stock truck with the rest of the cormarants, you would probably have a better shot at catching a fish...

btw: who is these post aim towards, people who get mad at getting skunked and swearing off fishing and what the hell is PAT lake? Pay lake?

Quote Originally Posted by troutdog View Post
    I understand it's all in the catching for some people, but to let it push you to the brink of throwing down your gear in disgust because you skunk or start cussing up a storm for everyone in earshot to hear because some noob in a boat runs over your fish isn't what I think fishing is meant to be....that sounds like work or something. Then again we are all wired differently, to each is his own right?

What is a "PAT" lake?

TD
    Hey TD and BG Hunter Maybe it means "Purchase A Trout" Lake "PAT"

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy View Post
    Hey TD and BG Hunter Maybe it means "Purchase A Trout" Lake "PAT"
    Even if it isn't... that is what I'm going to call it from now on

TD

Love the thought. I drive all the way from the San Fernando Valley and if I get SKUNK, oh well... I get to meet nice Peeps. If not a Team 57 Member, I will meet someone new and tell them about all you CRAZY Team 57 Members. Hahahaha! Tell them all the info that they can learn by being a member and all the fun we have in our get togethers. So I think $22.00 is worth the Company I meet at Irvine or Corona Lakes. IMO. Cindy

Quote Originally Posted by BIG*GAME*HUNTER View Post
    maybe follow the stock truck with the rest of the cormarants,
    hey,,,one of those cormarants is my friend...LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo21 View Post
    and tell them about all you CRAZY Team 57 Members. Hahahaha! So I think $22.00 is worth the Company I meet at Irvine or Corona Lakes. IMO. Cindy
    I never thought of it like that cindy "Mondo21...you pay for entertainment on the lake of all the other anglers
    I dont think ive ever gone there with out seeing something so funny it made me laugh for days on end and just those hilarious moments were enuff to make my day all worth the $22 for sure.
    Last edited by Fishbones; 02-06-2010 at 12:23 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast