Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ninja arrested?

I never thought of it that way.

However, Ive met police on several different occasions and NONE of them have ever even hinted at giving me a citation. Most havent even asked me to leave where I was fishing and it was OBVIOUS tresspassing. If giving a citation for statistics is so important it seems they all would have taken the opportunity to do so in my case. Instead we had good conversation and good times for a few. What would have kept them from such an easy stat pad I wonder?

I used to "dock hop" on the private docks in Newport Harbor at night, until a scary, mad and crazy guy climbed out of a cleated boat, put a very large revolver in my face, cocked it and said, I have 10 seconds to leave. I left just waiting to be shot in the back. Even though the fishing was awesome for big Halibut and bass at 2 in the morning, I have never "ninja" fished again.

Quote Originally Posted by fishmounter View Post
    I used to "dock hop" on the private docks in Newport Harbor at night, until a scary, mad and crazy guy climbed out of a cleated boat, put a very large revolver in my face, cocked it and said, I have 10 seconds to leave. I left just waiting to be shot in the back. Even though the fishing was awesome for big Halibut and bass at 2 in the morning, I have never "ninja" fished again.
    we do the same thing just stay on the sand instead of on the docks and youll be good, also fish where ther are smaller boats without people on them hahaha

Hard to say, Stormcrow. Most likely, no complainant telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty. Trespassing REQUIRES a landowner/agent to enforce, also--which more than implies a complaining party. Prowling--lots more flex in the law, and once a call comes in--the po-po is committed to do "something"--drive by, shine spotlight, show the flag, often make contact with the reporting party. Sergeant shows up, and the T's start getting crossed and the I's all get dotted. Roll the bones, and hope it doesn't come up "snake eyes".

Fishmounter's experience happens a lot more times than gets reported to LE agencies, I'm sure.
    Last edited by flytyingreloader; 02-09-2010 at 12:16 AM.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by fishmounter View Post
    Yikes...that's pretty crazy

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    Danny was it really you guys?

truth of the matter is NO law enforcement agency is going to arrest and book a ninja fisherman. They have bigger fish to fry on a nightly basis. Catch one in a bad mood and you get a misdemeanor citation for tresspassing AND THATS ONLY if there is a contact who is willing to press charges.

So, by all means, STOP ninja fishing.....MORE FISH FOR ME!
    Aren't you a school teacher?

I have the name of a great attorney that works up in the IE when you get popped and face possible loss of your teaching license....

Quote Originally Posted by sansou View Post

I have the name of a great attorney that works up in the IE when you get popped and face possible loss of your teaching license....
    Yes Sansou....I am. However, even a layman would understand that "fishing on private property" is not something anyone would lose a teaching credential over. I always took you for more than a layman. Not much more, but more. I was simply asking a question of our good "ex law enforcement officer" here. Are you trying to stir the pot?
    Last edited by Stormcrow; 02-09-2010 at 10:42 AM.

Yes Sansou....I am. However, even a lamen would understand that "fishing on private property" is not something anyone would lose a teaching credential over. I always took you for more than a lamen. Not much more, but more. I was simply asking a question of our good "ex law enforcement officer" here. Are you trying to stir the pot?

Ironclad Trailer

Yes Sansou....I am. However, even a layman would understand that "fishing on private property" is not something anyone would lose a teaching credential over. I always took you for more than a layman. Not much more, but more. I was simply asking a question of our good "ex law enforcement officer" here. Are you trying to stir the pot?
    LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLEEEEEE.....
    Last edited by BIG*GAME*HUNTER; 02-09-2010 at 12:14 PM.

I've known people have have gotten caught recently Ninja fishing on private property. Owner called the cops , cops came rolled up on them, owner made a citizen's arrest with the cops there. They got book and released a day in court and a $710 fine.

flytyingreloader might also be right about risking being shot but don't think for one second ANYWHERE in this state that if you shoot an unarmed person outside your house, your not going to do time. Heck even if they are in your house and trying to flee and you shoot them, your going to do some time and have a whole bunch of headaches.

Now if we were in Texas and its night time, shoot away!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast