Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ninja arrested?

"and i was laughing at his lil story of the baby momma with 22's....LOL "

hahaha I agree it was a bit much.

I dont ninja hahaha I try to stay outta trouble kids,,,

I would be p!ssed if I saw someone fishing there if I lived there, or any gated community.

The reason for people living there is, Because They PAY $$$ to be and feel more secure. The normal family would be scared seeing a dude dressed in dark clothes and with headlamps in those places.

I'm not accusing anyone of anything at all, just try to look at it in their standpoint.

Let's make it like you had a little ranch with a nice pond in the back, and you see people fishing their or hangin' out, wtf would you do????

Default Ninja relief fund*

please help a fellow ninja out of the clink..
    send your ninja donations to:

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
    MIRA LOMA , CA
    THE*WASH 90810

*THE UGLY SIDE OF NINJA FISHING*
    Last edited by BIG*GAME*HUNTER; 02-06-2010 at 02:36 AM. Reason: WHY THE HELL DO YOU WANNA KNOW..LOL..

All I have to say is....I got away. But, my friend Bill earned a "ninja fail". Fishing was dead.

Too funny, BGH!

Maybe my bit was a little over the top, but not by a lot. I'm a retired detective with an I.E. agency, and that included assignment to robbery/homicide venues for a long time. I come by the knowledge and viewpoint honestly, in other words.

Mostly, I don't want regular guys and gals getting into legal trouble or getting injured/killed over fishing. My view--with all that can go wrong, and how little that can go right--ninja fishing just doesn't make sense. WAY upside-down. Hood rats will get theirs sooner or later anyway, that's just how the world is--but people just playing fast and loose with the rules need to realize that they are bucking the odds something fierce here.

Danny was it really you guys?

truth of the matter is NO law enforcement agency is going to arrest and book a ninja fisherman. They have bigger fish to fry on a nightly basis. Catch one in a bad mood and you get a misdemeanor citation for tresspassing AND THATS ONLY if there is a contact who is willing to press charges.

So, by all means, STOP ninja fishing.....MORE FISH FOR ME!

Weak...........

wow i cant belive someone would call the cops for someone fishing. if i had lake front property i wouldnt care if someone was fishing. i mean how much ***** can you steal having to jump a fence? hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by vanillagurilla View Post
    wow i cant belive someone would call the cops for someone fishing. if i had lake front property i wouldnt care if someone was fishing. i mean how much ***** can you steal having to jump a fence? hahaha
    why would you want anyone stealing anything from your house?? Isn't a heightened sense of security the point of having a house in a gated community? Again, people aren't so much concerned about people fishing, its the late night "prowling" that people have a problem with. If I see someone in the daytime I'll approach them and ask if they have a pass but if its in the middle of the night that's another story. Who knows if the guy has a weapon or what. I'd rather let the proper authorities deal with the matter. Moreover, the cops encourage this type of "neighborhood watch" and will gladly respond to any call that comes in.

And citations are good things? A unique view of recreational value. It boils down to "menacing presence" in the eyes of a landowner/occupant. I would view such a presence in a very different light than my wife or my daughters would. It's that whole "eye of the beholder" concept. Misdemeanor it might be, but a "prowling" charge or conviction on your sheet will jack things up for employability, bonding, security clearances, or background investigations. Just not worth it. And people don't want their homeowner's insurance rates going through the roof or having their policy cancelled because some Midnight Angler twists an ankle or busts his head open on their property. Even with posting, there's still a lawsuit out there, and many hungry bottom-feeding lawyers just wetting their pants to file them, hoping to get cash thrown their way to make them go away. THAT is why people call the cops. Crime of the century? Of course not. But it's a called-for service, and officers will happily cite and seize evidence from someone whose takes them away from the larger fish we would prefer to be frying. Citation = arrest stat, and sergeants like those.

Just sayin'.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast