Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ninja arrested?

Default Ninja arrested?

ON Tuesday night, Wensday morning I was on my way home from work when I saw a sad sight. On the 215 frwy, theres a golf course with 3 very large lakes, Which you can actually see from the Frwy. Well to make a long story short. I saw a police car with all the lights on and a guy with a headlamp on his head and a fishing pole leaned up against the front of the cop car. This poor guy must have been on a ninja mission and was caught, the guy was cuffed. And, might have been on his way to the clink. So, to all you Ninjas be very very quite and careful. Just a heads up the police are on to the fact that there are ninjas out in the early moring.

thats the first ninja i heard of,that got caught.must of been an apprentice.not a full fledged ninja.

What kind of fines will he get?

Not that I'm worried for myself, as I have stealth comparable to the Iron Monkey.

you cant get caught if they cant see you......Ninja 4 life......

Quote Originally Posted by EL_CHIDO View Post
    What kind of fines will he get?

Not that I'm worried for myself, as I have stealth comparable to the Iron Monkey.
    same thing happened in my neighborhood last friday. The cops also took all their gear; it was a sad sight to see. I heard the fine is upwards of $1500 or more!

California Fish And Game Code Section 2016

It is unlawful to enter any lands under cultivation or
    enclosed by a fence, belonging to, or occupied by, another, or to
    enter any uncultivated or unenclosed lands, including lands
    temporarily inundated by waters flowing outside the established banks
    of a river, stream, slough, or other waterway, where signs
    forbidding trespass are displayed at intervals not less than three to
    the mile along all exterior boundaries and at all roads and trails
    entering such lands, for the purpose of discharging any firearm or
    taking or destroying any mammal or bird, including any waterfowl, on
    such lands without having first obtained written permission from the
    owner of such lands, or his agent, or the person in lawful possession
    thereof. Such signs may be of any size and wording, other than the
    wording required for signs under Section 2017, which will fairly
    advise persons about to enter the land that the use of such land is
    so restricted.

hey has anyone heard from danny300??
    what did the guy look like, i know of two hardcore ninjas that hit those golf courses?

There's not just the Fish & Game Code to be concerned about. There's the straight-up Penal Code section for "prowling"--presence on lands/property of another in hours of darkness without permission or obvious lawful purpose. No passing "GO" or $200, if you get my drift. Then, there's the contact dynamics of an encounter with either cops or residents in hours of darkness--almost certainly at gunpoint, and if you do something ELSE stupid (you're already skulking around like a burglar) there's a good chance you'll get your a--es shot off.

You ninja anglers are outta your minds. Some soccer dad or Tupperware mom is going to blow you outta your socks. Dealing with the cops is the least of your concerns--people are scared, and they just might shoot first and ask questions later. And Riverside or San Bernardino Counties view things A LOT differently than does L.A. County--crooks don't get victim status in our newspapers, and the D.A. will NOT file charges on a shooting of this sort. Sure--you or your surviving family members can sue the shooter, but the homeowner's insurance company will offer $5K-$15K to settle, and it will be settled--because no jury in the I.E. will pay out to some prowler's baby-mama for this kinda drag. So, the settlement gets paid, mama gets 22s on her roach coach and a big-screen TV, the lawyer gets a couple yacht payments, and you are worm food.

Grow up.
    Last edited by flytyingreloader; 02-05-2010 at 10:25 PM.

Took that a little far dont you think....good imagination ..LOL...a burglar...? what are they going to steal...a bass?...LOL
    Ninjas know there is a chance of being caught and those that ninja are willing to take that chance......Fishbones
    Last edited by Fishbones; 02-05-2010 at 10:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fishbones View Post
    Took that a little far dont you think....good imagination ..LOL...a burglar...? what are they going to steal...a bass?...LOL
    Ninjas know there is a chance of being caught and those that ninja are willing to take that chance......Fishbones
    I think flytyingreloader is spot on about the prowler issue especially in private lake communities. When your backyard is 10' from the water its a real problem having strange people prowling in the odd hours of the night. I'm not saying that all you "ninja" fisherman are social deviants, but if your out late at night in a place where your not suppose to be then you cant blame the stigma that comes with it. And as far as fishbones saying "what are they going to steal...a bass?...LOL" bass is the last thing on peoples mind when they see "ninjas". People are more worried about their families and neighbors safety when they see people creeping around late at night.

I agree FishEye....I make it a point not to fish near or in private lakes,communities for just this reason.
    thats prob why i responded the way i did and i agree..you cant be sneaking around houses ninja fishing because of this reason...
    i was laughing at his lil story of the baby momma with 22's..good imagination..LOL
    Last edited by Fishbones; 02-05-2010 at 11:30 PM.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast